Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

I have found all but a couple of games in the Prem at home this season dull due to the way teams set up. If I had paid £50 plus for that crap today I would have been disappointed.

The Paris and Leipzig Games were the best games I have attended this season and the atmosphere in those two games were the best too.

Like I said earlier and I never thought I would but I am starting to choose champions league over the PL. Simple because they are mostly better games, better atmosphere, better pricing.

I dont think this is Citys fault its because so many away teams play anti football. I would still take the premier league over champions league.

I still attend PL but in February and March I choose more carefully with CL in mind

The blame has to go somehwere, be that towards our fans or the board for pricing the tickets. Yesterday shocked me a bit, you often get empty seats in patches, but that was the worst I’ve seen for home game for ages. Somethings not right, we can easily fill the stadium every week, but there’s a problem that needs fixing.
Still giving allowances for the excuses of Covid, deferrals, extortionate ticket prices, the club not understanding our fanbase, opposing teams not coming to play so games are boring, it being just before Christmas, it raining a bit, it being a bit cold… I was still gob smacked at that yesterday! That was like a City game under Stuart Pearce, swathes of empty seats and hardly any noise from our fans whatsoever.

It feels like someone has pulled the plug on our support, lost the plug, and there’s no batteries to use instead.

Because the time has come that a few home truths need saying about our support!
The club can definitely do more for season tickets holders from the ticket office right through to the actual match day, and as I guess you might be indicating the fans can also do more to help with the atmosphere rather than just criticise the club (apologies if that is not what you meant).

The frustrating thing about reading a thread like this is the City fans who seem to have no enjoyment from the actual game or the way we play, I really don’t understand that side of it and they then use their own antipathy about everything to do with the club.

1. Scrap the £35 membership fee
2. Cap home tickets @ £30 for adults, £10 for children.
3. Cap @ £20 across all non-corp areas of the SS, £5 for kids to generate a ‘singing stand’
4. Incentivise ST holders who attend all 19 games to receive discounts on food & drink the following season for selected games.
5. Look at moving away fans to another area

Would suggest that would be problem sorted, never be done though, despite match day ticket sales making a fraction of the clubs operating income.

The club can definitely do more for season tickets holders from the ticket office right through to the actual match day, and as I guess you might be indicating the fans can also do more to help with the atmosphere rather than just criticise the club (apologies if that is not what you meant).

The frustrating thing about reading a thread like this is the City fans who seem to have no enjoyment from the actual game or the way we play, I really don’t understand that side of it and they then use their own antipathy about everything to do with the club.
Yeah that is what I meant mate. The club can certainly do a hell of a lot more (a hell of a lot!), but by fuck we need fucking plugging in again as a set of fans. The apathy to create an atmosphere is painful to be part of!

I too can’t understand people saying games are boring. It’s the best football that’s ever been seen in this country. And I’ll never understand how anyone can get up and walk out in tight games that are level or just one goal in it. Games like Southampton and yesterday, I was on the edge of my seat all game, how can people be bored or leave in that situation? We’re going for a title for fuck’s sake, it’s not like we’re mid-table in the Championship under no threat of relegation or no chance promotion so it doesn’t matter. Every single point and goal matters, and the strive to want the team to get it seems to have disappeared with too many just sitting there waiting for it to happen then just moaning if it ever doesn’t.

And people moaning about a 12:30 when it’s only 150 minutes before a 15:00 and we get the whole of the rest of the day in the pub after the game. 12:30s on Saturdays are belting!

You mean our owner who has only been to the ground once and has little or no interest in football?
Ah, this old gem. City is an investment to him and his other business interests, he is not a person from our local area and has many interests across the world.

Only been to the ground once, yes, seen him on various social media and other media celebrating City title/cups wins many times with his children and members of his family and friends, so does seem engaged with the actual club.

Many members of this forum are passionate City fans and yet have never been to the ground or Manchester or this country, do they also have little or no interest in football? Lots of City fans in this country never go to the match for various reasons, but they are sill invested and passionate about City as those that do. In addition, how do you know he has little or no interest in football?

We could always have the owners of liverpool, united, Arsenal who are often seen at matches, maybe that’s because they are very busy transferring the literal billions they have taken out of those clubs increasing their own vast respective wealth, amazing owners, match day attendees.

Meanwhile our non-interested owner stays home and lets the people he chose to run the actual club we support to do their actual jobs and ensure it’s one of the best run clubs in the world with money generated invested back into it. The absolute bastard!

Supporters like you are never going to be happy, don’t see the reason you continue to be honest, oh wait, I may of just made a generalisation of you as you did with Mansour.

Ah, this old gem. City is an investment to him and his other business interests, he is not a person from our local area and has many interests across the world.

Only been to the ground once, yes, seen him on various social media and other media celebrating City title/cups wins many times with his children and members of his family and friends, so does seem engaged with the actual club.

Many members of this forum are passionate City fans and yet have never been to the ground or Manchester or this country, do they also have little or no interest in football? Lots of City fans in this country never go to the match for various reasons, but they are sill invested and passionate about City as those that do. In addition, how do you know he has little or no interest in football?

We could always have the owners of liverpool, united, Arsenal who are often seen at matches, maybe that’s because they are very busy transferring the literal billions they have taken out of those clubs increasing their own vast respective wealth, amazing owners, match day attendees.

Meanwhile our non-interested owner stays home and lets the people he chose to run the actual club we support to do their actual jobs and ensure it’s one of the best run clubs in the world with money generated invested back into it. The absolute bastard!

Supporters like you are never going to be happy, don’t see the reason you continue to be honest, oh wait, I may of just made a generalisation of you as you did with Mansour.
I made no generalisation of Sheikh Mansour. I simply quoted a fact.

You're exactly the type of supporter the club is aiming for. They deserve you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.