Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

We can’t play like that now teams completely camp inside their own half. Our team is full of magicians, I wouldn’t say we are boring. If people don’t find us exciting, the premier league leaders who are out playing any big team that comes against us, then as a fan base we’re fucked.
Not saying we are boring just not as exciting. I think we can play like that we have done it before when teams parked the bus. Just trying to make the point that our style of play does not generate as much atmosphere.

Not saying we are boring just not as exciting. I think we can play like that we have done it before when teams parked the bus. Just trying to make the point that our style of play does not generate as much atmosphere.

when weve played terrible in the past the atmosphere was better though. Have we suddenly become arsenal fans? Only sing when the opposition play attacking football.
Saying that we play teams like Brighton and it’s still poor

I have to go back to my earlier comments in relation to the Harlem Globetrotters.

The Globetrotters have been going for many years and attract good audiences wherever they appear. They're a great team to watch and are exceptionally talented. It's great entertainment.

The important thing here is that very few (if any) people actually go to watch the Globetrotters on a regular basis. Watch them two or three times and you realise it's the same routine and it gets 'boring' after a while.

It's not a negative reaction, it's absolutely natural for people to tire after seeing the same thing week in week out.

The simple fact is that we are seeing opposition teams producing the same negative football far too often, leading to City taking part in little more than a high quality training session. Hence the comparison with the Harlem Globetrotters.

Teams like Wolves, Burnley etc suck the life out of football. That's what is boring, not City.

There are large blocks of seats empty, particularly in CB3.

It’s pretty far fetched to think they’ve all been sold and by pure coincidence all the people who sit together have all chosen not to come.

It seems pretty clear these blocks have been sold to 3rd parties offering matchday packages and they’re not selling.

The other thing the club have to realise is the £35 “membership fee” is an absolute liberty and is putting off thousands of casual blues from attending.

Waiting until the last minute so you don’t have to pay the fee means invariably there’s no seats left together, so you can’t sit with your mates, and people just sack it off.

£50 a ticket for Wolves at home is taking the piss as it is, but an extra £35 just to have the privilege of being able to buy a ticket in advance and sit with friends or family is just an absolute pisstake.

It’s the kind of strategy you’d expect from Ryanair.

great post. As you highlight a large number of these empty seats are not sold tickets. They are tickets that the club don’t make available for ordinary fans.

there’s literally rows of seats next to each other that are empty. There’s no way they are season ticket holders not showing up. The family stand is a perfect example of that. Block 107 near the front - there’s about 3/4 rows near the front you can’t get tickets for

the club should be pressed on this

Last edited:
Because mate, some of it is true. Atmosphere is as important as anything else, why would haaland want to play for that when he can play in better and win trophies somewhere else, thats my take anyway.
The Bernabéu isn't exactly famous for having full houses and a rocking atmosphere every time Alavés come to town.

There is more City could do, I think, but our atmosphere is about par with most English clubs, better than every Spanish team I have seen, which includes all the big three teams, and the German teams and PSG have demographics and fan cultures that wouldn't work here.

Impressed with Palace’s ultras support today. Must be fun following them. Everton we’re dire but the Palace fans definitely spurred on the team on to do well.
It’s basically an MLS atmosphere witnessed that week after week in the states. Just a drum and repetition. Makes some noise but very repetitive and boring. Much prefer spontaneous chanting and not scripted.

It’s basically an MLS atmosphere witnessed that week after week in the states. Just a drum and repetition. Makes some noise but very repetitive and boring. Much prefer spontaneous chanting and not scripted.
Palace have good support from a small section behind one goal but on my visits the overall atmosphere has been nothing to write home about. The Ultra section is just too small to create an impact across the stadium.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.