Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

What is the tune called that goes with the Ruben Dias song please? Thank you.

The atmosphere was mostly poor against Wolves. The referee and linesmen were awful which picked us up out of necessity. All of us in the stands ensured Jiminez got the red card he might have otherwise avoided. It shows the impact we can have.

I do have to say that the atmosphere is rarely going to be great for a 12:30 kick off though. The Leeds game will be much better because people will have a few beers beforehand.

Last edited:
That has always been the case for us and all English clubs. Throughout the 80s, apart from a few big matches, the atmosphere at Maine Road was totally dire. Much much worse than these days at the Etihad, no matter what some people claim. But our away support was mostly fantastic. We travelled in huge numbers and were very loud everywhere. We had the best away support in the country. Even now I think our current away support is still amongst the best.
The atmosphere at all Premier League grounds (apart from the big matches) is really poor. I think it is a symptom of the times. I watched the MLS Cup Final on TV last night. The fans at Portland generated a cacophony of noise. They were raucous and drinking in their seats and never stopped singing...even though their team were crap until the 94th minute. People here in the UK seem to have lost their spirit in recent years...but it's not just about football.
This is completely natural when you think about it. An away game is an event, a trip that all who are attending are on together. It has an energy of its own which has usually started somewhere like the train station hours before

a home fan has to fit the match in around a life and a trip to B&Q on the way home to pick up some Christmas lights clips. Not fucking about in dodgy pubs on the way home having a laugh

You can run all the fan zones you want but you are not fixing that problem

The atmosphere was mostly poor against Wolves. The referee and linesmen were awful which picked us up out of necessity. All of us in the stands ensured Neves got the red card he might have otherwise avoided. It shows the impact we can have.

I do have to say that the atmosphere is rarely going to be great for a 12:30 kick off though. The Leeds game will be much better because people will have a few beers beforehand.
Don't talk daft. Neves got the red card because he very obviously and stupidly broke the law. Even Helen Keller would have spotted it.
John Moss had the second yellow in his hand before 75% + of the crowd even realised that Neves had committed an offence.

As for atmosphere; if you really need to 'have a few beers' to get behind the team, I pity you.

Atmosphere is created by the genuine passion of the crowd. Drink fuels aggression rather than passion.

It was nothing to do with the kick off time on Saturday, the atmosphere reflected the Wolves performance. Fans are getting increasingly bored with negative tactics killing the game.

Don't underestimate the impact of Covid. Both the worry and actually contracting it watching football.

6 mates of mine who went on their coach to Villa have tested positive.. My best mate was admitted to Wythy hospital yesterday and is on the covid ward. He was on the same bus.

...its only gonna get worse.
For every panic stricken oldie sat at home listening to the hysterical bbc covid updates there are many 20 to 30 yr olds without a care in the world covid wise who we could get to the games if we priced it right.

It’s time for a changing of the guard, maybe covid is the catalyst to finally bring this about

Don't talk daft. Neves got the red card because he very obviously and stupidly broke the law. Even Helen Keller would have spotted it.
John Moss had the second yellow in his hand before 75% + of the crowd even realised that Neves had committed an offence.

As for atmosphere; if you really need to 'have a few beers' to get behind the team, I pity you.

Atmosphere is created by the genuine passion of the crowd. Drink fuels aggression rather than passion.

It was nothing to do with the kick off time on Saturday, the atmosphere reflected the Wolves performance. Fans are getting increasingly bored with negative tactics killing the game.
That's such a strange, over the top post.

Firstly, I don't need to have a few beers to get behind the team. It's just a simple truth that early KOs are always worse atmospheres no matter who's playing. If that game would have kicked off at 5:30 the atmosphere would have been better. Anyone who's been to a few games knows that.

I put that down to people going out beforehand and having a drink. There's more that goes into it than that, but I'd say that's definitely the main reason. If you have 5+ hours to go all out in town then onto the match you're going to be more up for it than if you've dragged yourself out of bed and headed straight to the ground.

It's not necessary reflective of how the opposition plays (although that does play a part). If we were playing United or Liverpool on a Saturday at 12:30 and they played the exact same way as Wolves the atmosphere would still be better than it was.

The second yellow was a necessity from the ref, yes. But the first one was relatively soft. It was definitely a foul, but the fans backed Moss into a corner after the two previous yellows he brandished to Rodri and Dias. Their manager applauded our fans sarcastically immediately after the red (as if to say 'well done') and after the game backed it up by saying the fans helped the referees decision.

Jiminez, not Neves

Good for you.

For those who want to go to one game, the cost is prohibitive.

You’re making out like you’re getting good value for your £35, but it used to cost you fuck all to have the right to buy a ticket.

It’s rank profiteering, pure and simple.
and good for you want to go to 1 game, if you dont want to pay 35 wait for general sale

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.