Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

That’s not been the case this week Dave from the songs I’ve heard. There’s been a good range of chants for people to join in with and I’ve found the atmosphere decent.

The most frequently sung songs on Saturday were, “City tearing Cockneys apart” and “Bluemoon”
I do agree it has been Ok the last couple of games but I got quite a surprise on Saturday because I was in the bottom tier near the bench and is actually sounds quieter there than it does "upstairs". There was a decent buzz of noise all game but a disappointing lack of mass singing.

It's frustrating because I do believe that if all the singers were together doing the same thing it would be so much better. I have no doubts whatsover that it will be different league against Real Madrid.

I think our atmosphere is no worse than any other ground for 95% of all fixtures. I think we naturally end up a bit defensive because the Liverpool and United fans in the media attack us for it because they have reached the bottom of the barrel and have nothing more meritous to go after the club for.

Tbf when you visit once a year and spend close to £500/600 as half the Anfield crowd do, you’d want to squeeze every last second out of it.
I'd ignore that prick, forever having a pop from his armchair in America.

I'd ignore that prick, forever having a pop from his armchair in America.
To be fair to him; his observations from his armchair are spot on. It’s as if tens of thousands of our fans are forced to go to the Etihad under duress, they barely enjoy a moment of it, never get involved with the songs, some stay sat down when we score, and they are desperate to get out of there.

Many are clock watching as soon as it gets to 80:00 and as soon as they think “right good time to go”, they’re out of there faster than the Russian army retreating from Kiev.

To be fair to him; his observations from his armchair are spot on. It’s as if tens of thousands of our fans are forced to go to the Etihad under duress, they barely enjoy a moment of it,
Utter nonsense. I went on Saturday with my lad and 2 yr old grandson. Everyone before and after seemed to be buzzing. Almost forgot, my other lad was there in front of us and left 5 minutes early to get home to his 9 week old daughter. Arsed, no. Loved Saturday and had a good sing-song coming out of the ground.

To be honest I feel the actual stadium plays some part in it. Feels like the bowls aren’t as good for atmosphere

Placing the away fans between the two noisiest sections of City fans definitely affects the ability to generate a good atmosphere. It also means different songs are often started simultaneously in different parts of the ground and these fizzle out because no one else knows which song to join in with. City fans have this peculiar trait of both arriving late in their seats for kick off and then leaving early to beat the rush on 80 minutes and that doesn't include those disappearing for their half time pint on 35 minutes (which they're perfectly entitled to do, of course). It's a free country and people can do what they want but no one can pretend the atmosphere in the Etihad is anything other than subdued most of the time.

Placing the away fans between the two noisiest sections of City fans definitely affects the ability to generate a good atmosphere. It also means different songs are often started simultaneously in different parts of the ground and these fizzle out because no one else knows which song to join in with. City fans have this peculiar trait of both arriving late in their seats for kick off and then leaving early to beat the rush on 80 minutes and that doesn't include those disappearing for their half time pint on 35 minutes (which they're perfectly entitled to do, of course). It's a free country and people can do what they want but no one can pretend the atmosphere in the Etihad is anything other than subdued most of the time.
I'm glad these people can afford to watch 60 mins of football, seeing as the leave 15 mis early as well. I dont understand it, its alot of money to watch football, I like to get my moneys worth

To be honest I feel the actual stadium plays some part in it. Feels like the bowls aren’t as good for atmosphere
Without a shadow of a doubt that's the biggest factor of all, combined with having tiers. Wembley is similar. To get loud enough quickly enough to spread songs need to bounce and echo off the roof. So in a big bowl like ours once a song catches on it can sound really loud but only when the sound is coming from the back of the stadium.

I sit in the top tier and the singing from the lower tiers sounds much louder when you are up there then when you are down at pitch level. It's what I would describe as a muddy noise down at pitch level.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.