Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

Always makes me laugh at these comments. There are so many keyboard warriors.

1894 aren't planning on doing a drum. But if we were, there'd be minimum 25 of us stood around it - some big handy lads in there... You're telling me someone gonna come and leather all of us? Lol.

The thing about a drum, they do appear lame, but every away following who brings one sound mint. And every European game I’ve been to, they get the crowd going. Never heard a City fan slag off German support. All have drums.

Are Leicester fans embarrassed by their clappers and drum? Lots of lower league clubs have them. Don’t arsenal have official club flag wavers and NFL style cannon? I’d imagine it would be rags or dippers taking the piss. There’s zero atmosphere at the swamp and Anfield needs Glastonbury quality sound system to get YNWA going…

Banging drums and acting like ultras isn't the City way is it? What next chanting "Attack!!" "Attack" every 10 minutes?

Which we used to chant in the old Kippax.

It's strange that certain chants were once part of a matchday atmosphere at City, but now they're ridiculed by certain City fans.

Which we used to chant in the old Kippax.

It's strange that certain chants were once part of a matchday atmosphere at City, but are now ridiculed by certain City fans.

Fuck me mate I have been going to watch city for 60+ years and either I am going senile or that one passed me by.

You can't seriously be suggesting that someone with a loose larynx should be supported if they get pissy because the person sat next to him isn't banging out a tune? Odd very bloody odd ;)

When you went to your first City match what did you see and hear? City fans singing.

When European fans go to their first match what do they see and hear? Fans singing, a drum beating, and maybe a Capo orchestrating the chanting, depending where they are in the ground?

The 2 football cultures are totally different, start at an early age, and are set in stone from an early age.

But fans like Palace, Boro, Huddersfield, etc have shown that the football culture gap between England and Europe can be bridged and merged in a positive way. Palace were superb at Wembley.

Fuck me mate I have been going to watch city for 60+ years and either I am going senile or that one passed me by.

You can't seriously be suggesting that someone with a loose larynx should be supported if they get pissy because the person sat next to him isn't banging out a tune? Odd very bloody odd ;)

I was referring to attack, attack, attack. Maybe I misread your post? Apologies if I did? :-)

Last edited:
When you went your first City match what did you see and hear? City fans singing.

The whole demographic has changed at City now, it's very much family orientated and less working class.

There is no going back mate.

The whole demographic has changed at City now, it's very much family orientated and less working class.

There is no going back mate.

Agree. That's what the club want.

But there is a large youth base emerging slowly that could form a proper singing and hardcore following given the right opportunity and part of the ground by the club. Us old c*nts just need to show them the way inside the ground.

One for the 1894 group. The day a drum or megaphone (or even worse, both) is introduced, don't be surprised when ST holders in the ground stop attending.

The wankers at Leicester with their clackers, or the European clubs with their contrived chanting can fuck right off.

Crowd reaction is based on what is happening on the pitch, not by some twat with a megaphone or a c#nt with a drum.
The crowd aren’t fuckin reacting that’s the thing

Agree. That's what the club want.

But there is a large youth base emerging slowly that could form a proper singing and hardcore following given the right opportunity and part of the ground by the club. Us old c*nts just need to show them the way inside the ground.

I really would like to see a good singing section battering a tune out, my missus joined in against Watford last time out I however am a bit more reserved.

What the authorities don't want is for it to get "Silly" in as much as give an inch take a foot. I like you miss the rawness of the old way of supporting but how many of the young supporters now would genuinely like it?

The being told to sit down shut up don't drink beer and the general family atmosphere ruined that, well maybe not ruined it but made it more welcome for all.

If you want a good old singalong then feel free, others don't have to get the listoril out and join you.
Can’t imagine why someone would want to go a game and not sing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.