Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

not the atmosphere

people fucking off from 70 minutes onwards !!!!

thats what pisses him off and he cant understand !!

You know what, he's right.

I agree each to their own but... Taking it to extremes here, but it could cost us signings potentially. I can't stand Liverpool and their fabulous atmosphere is one mighty myth, but it's a myth that some believe. If us and them were after a top player and that player wasn't sure, but then saw them singing at 90 mins while we're all walking out leaving half empty stands to clap the players off after a huge win, then it's something that could swing it with some. It's shit for the players and shows them fuck all respect.

Sorry for the rant.

It was pretty much dead all throughout the game. Let’s be honest, we haven’t got the craziest fan base going. I didn’t go to the champions league final, but from what I heard from people who did, it was pretty shite throughout. Community shield was wank, but I wouldn’t look to much into that. Today was our first home game back for 18 months and people around me looked like they wanted a little power nap. People can agree with me or not, our support is poor. Unless we’re playing a rival or a big match, the Etihad is dead. But then again, we’re not alone.

The prem gets hyped up for its atmospheres, but most grounds are the same across the country. Leeds support got a lot of praise today, but they’re bound to be loud seeing as it’s there first game back in the prem since 2004.

I

We are spoilt, the players are spoilt . I dont think seeing a half empty etihad with 5 mins left need bother anyone any more.The novelty at Leeds will wear off as time goes by and happy clappy palace are going down.

For a game where we haven't watched them for 18 months, we're going into it as the champions and we're cruising to a 5-0 victory I thought it was quite lifeless on the whole. 3/4 of the ground couldn't even muster a single "city!" and as usual the race to escape started with 10 minutes left. Even the Norwich fans who had been silent all day piped up with is there a fire drill upon noticing that.
The race to escape as you put it will not alter whilst we have the shit infrastructure around the stadium. Roads and public transport are not fit for purpose which is why we continue to have the exodus.

I want to know what is so good to rush home for??

Some people in front of me leave at 75 minutes. It actually makes me laugh every time they get up and leave. I had another two a few years ago in front of me that used to leave between 55-70 minutes every game. They used to turn up 15 minutes late to. Fair enough, it’s their choice and money, but to me, it’s a pointless day out and hobby.

Sounded great at kick off but seem to quiet as the game went on. You have to give credit to the players, really great performance and they've obviously learned over the past 18 months to maintain a performance of high quality without relying on fans support.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.