Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

Never get the beef with a drummer it's a no brainer for me. When people have drummed before they've been very timid and out of time if it's done it has to be done well!
I think we underplay the effect that musical training has on a fanbase’s sound when we beat ourselves up about atmosphere tbh. It can be a real cheat when it comes to singing. Welsh crowds can sound great because they have a choir culture which means that those that sing project the voice. Scousers have a choir culture too and those trained singers can make the difference in keeping a sound going. Not knocking our singers or saying we should train for matches btw lol, just an observation.

Transfer these lot over for a season? Or just admit we don't have singing voices like a choir?

I still remember being in the East Stand 2003/04, 2004/05 and being told to be quiet... by those around me

Never get the beef with a drummer it's a no brainer for me. When people have drummed before they've been very timid and out of time if it's done it has to be done well!

i get what you mean, out of time and so on, but the truth behind the failing attempt at a drum is as follows.

Use of a drum is only any good in longer songs with a beat, 90% of our songs are sung for 15 seconds at best and are more word effect than beat.

To many fans around the drum saying "fuk that drum off". While they stand there not singing or on a phone.

people around the drum trying to advise how to drum or shout "drum to bluemoon". When you cant drum to bluemoon or many of our songs. We have had a good drummer, ive heard him drum outside the stadium. Totally wasted when it came to being in the stadium getting told to F off and songs lasting 12 seconds.

Id like a great atmosphere without a drum, but we dont have a great atmosphere 70% of the time, so id say if s drum could pick things up then why would anybody want to shove it up there !

if all the anti drum fans stood in the same block and sang we would have the place rocking.

Transfer these lot over for a season? Or just admit we don't have singing voices like a choir?

I still remember being in the East Stand 2003/04, 2004/05 and being told to be quiet... by those around me

one of best euro nights as far as atmosphere that was.

see the second video, ALL singing at once, singing loud for your team no matter what the score is, one song lasting 30 or 40 seconds, a song with clapping instead of a nursery rhyme. It isnt actually difficult, we cold do it.

We have had 30 fans moved season cards to 115 that are singers this month, a massive thanks for those that moved in. If we can get 500 good singers in 115 it will carry round the stadium and grow to 2,000 singers and on and on. ( block 115 holds around 750 )

i know we all take the piss about drums and songs oh oh oh oh oh, we like to have a laugh at end of day, fairplay.

but a drum and lots of oh oh oh is better than fans on phones looking at latest betting odds, leaving early for a beer, not getting in the stadium as concourse seems more attractive, standing in the singing areas and hardly singing. Do we want a better atmosphere or should we just keep saying atmosphere is crap.

All it needs is like minded people sat in the same area of the ground, boring think their cool cunts at one end those who want a sing song at the other. And all the drunks behind the away team bench.
You may be wanting a bigger bench. I'd be moseying between that and the singing...

Home leg against EB Streymur (sp), played at Oakwell.
Was it? I was at that game in their newish stand along the side and I don't recall a drum being a feature. I just remember being grateful for Barnsley's hospitality. Where was the drum located and how did it ruin things?

Was it? I was at that game in their newish stand along the side and I don't recall a drum being a feature. I just remember being grateful for Barnsley's hospitality. Where was the drum located and how did it ruin things?

It ruined things as hardly anybody joined in with any tunes belted out by the drummer. In fact more people were chanting "Fuck off back to Blackburn" at the drummer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.