Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

If you listen to Nedum Onouhas podcast there’s a lot of homegrown players who love City through and through who completely disagree

Yeah, I've listened to them mate. Mancini does come across as a total diva if you listen to those podcasts. The club was at the start of its transitional phase when he came in, he made some pretty cutthroat decisions with players that we all loved e.g Onuoha, Ireland, Dunne. Some of these decisions are what catapulted us higher up the table so quickly though in my opinion, but maybe could've been handled a bit better.

Thing is regarding us fans, we are the least important to the footballing bodies.

Yes I can pre book a game saturday 3pm great. Than the tv companys move it, say to sunday 4pm. Now it means I get back home around 2 or 3 am Monday and up for work after 4 hrs sleep. Being an old fucker I cant do this it knackers me.

I pick and choose our CL matches due to the cost to us. Two days unpaid or holidays used, a premier inn for the night and around the cost of 600 miles round trip. We hope to get PSG tickets.

Coming up on Saturday for my first game this season.
Had to get my son to down load my ticket on my phone because I didnt have a clue.
Found out on bluemoon you now have to pre book a car parking space, other wise would have turned up and than panicked trying to park. Thank you bluemoon for letting people know !

I am nervous about will my ticket work ! Will the automatic number plate thingy work !. Will my NHS thingy work !

Oh how I miss turning up just parking and my paper ticket which I keep with the match day programme starting from 1971 !.

It’s not so much the classic chants that people join in with (although, contradictorily, it is the classic chants that people join in with), it’s the City chants that people really join in with most and they just happen to be classic chants.

We need some new City songs! When did it become a thing that we stopped making up songs about the club?

So far this season we’ve given Dzeko Zaba Kompany DSilva Agüero and Yaya songs a regular blast and people may join in with them once, but never a second or third time when we’ve got Walker Dias Cancelo Rodri Grealish Gundogan and Torres playing well and doing good things on the pitch that deserve recognition, They just fall dead and our singing section just sound like an away end in our home ground.

@Didsbury Dave and you have made observations on this in the past.

And on the way the singing section sings… there was a moment in the first half when SSL1 started off “Singing The Blues”, and the rest of the ground were up for joining in and started but by the time a good number got going, SSL1 were singing at 100mph and then all of a sudden stopped. So the rest of the ground stopped.

It probably sounds like I’m moaning about them, but I actually think our singing sections are great in that they do try hard and do sing a lot (apart from the middle half hour last night where they were completely silent) and there are noticeably more singers over there now with the rail seats. But the rest of the ground really do look on at SSL1 to get them going, maybe SSL1 don’t care about that and don’t mind being an away end in their own stadium, and they are very good at being like an away in their own stadium… but they haven’t learnt how to be a home singing section yet.

Slow down, stick to one song for ages, give the rest of the ground something to join in with and it will happen!

The singing section in any ground are like a front man of a band at at a gig, the rest of the crowd look onto you (and in some cases, that is literal, as some fans around the ground do sit and watch you and listen intently to you, waiting for songs to join in with)… but it has to be said, the rest of the ground need to get involved a lot more too!

Lion sleeps tonight

Weeheeheehee, dee heeheeheehee, weeoh aweem away
A-Gundoghan, a-Gundoghan, a-Gundoghan, a-Gundoghan

watching City, the mighty City
Gundoghan plays tonight
watching City, the quiet City
Gundoghan plays tonight – ho, ho!

Maybe it’s just me but I find the “it should’ve been 10” song to be the biggest load of dirge. Absolutely hate it.
Im with you on this. Bring it out on Derby Day or in the pub/concourse pre match with all the other classics but otherwise knock it the head during a game against anyone else as it has no relevance

Is it just me that's thinking Peps comments last night are being blown right out of proportion?

He was just asking for supporters to come "if" they can make it, I think a lot of people are reading too much into his comment and a bit sensitive around the subject
He’d be better off keeping his mouth shut on the subject and talk about the team and performance

Is it just me that's thinking Peps comments last night are being blown right out of proportion?

He was just asking for supporters to come "if" they can make it, I think a lot of people are reading too much into his comment and a bit sensitive around the subject

He didn't need to say it tbh, and its let the anti city media run with this

It’s not so much the classic chants that people join in with (although, contradictorily, it is the classic chants that people join in with), it’s the City chants that people really join in with most and they just happen to be classic chants.

We need some new City songs! When did it become a thing that we stopped making up songs about the club?

So far this season we’ve given Dzeko Zaba Kompany DSilva Agüero and Yaya songs a regular blast and people may join in with them once, but never a second or third time when we’ve got Walker Dias Cancelo Rodri Grealish Gundogan and Torres playing well and doing good things on the pitch that deserve recognition, They just fall dead and our singing section just sound like an away end in our home ground.

@Didsbury Dave and you have made observations on this in the past.

And on the way the singing section sings… there was a moment in the first half when SSL1 started off “Singing The Blues”, and the rest of the ground were up for joining in and started but by the time a good number got going, SSL1 were singing at 100mph and then all of a sudden stopped. So the rest of the ground stopped.

It probably sounds like I’m moaning about them, but I actually think our singing sections are great in that they do try hard and do sing a lot (apart from the middle half hour last night where they were completely silent) and there are noticeably more singers over there now with the rail seats. But the rest of the ground really do look on at SSL1 to get them going, maybe SSL1 don’t care about that and don’t mind being an away end in their own stadium, and they are very good at being like an away in their own stadium… but they haven’t learnt how to be a home singing section yet.

Slow down, stick to one song for ages, give the rest of the ground something to join in with and it will happen!

The singing section in any ground are like a front man of a band at at a gig, the rest of the crowd look onto you (and in some cases, that is literal, as some fans around the ground do sit and watch you and listen intently to you, waiting for songs to join in with)… but it has to be said, the rest of the ground need to get involved a lot more too!

Oh here we are and here we are and here we go
All aboard with Stones, Dias n Laporte
Here we go, City all over the world

Ah City-up and City-up and get away
We're going crazy and we're going today
Here we go City on top of the world

And I like it, I like it, I like it, I like it
I li-li-like it, li-li-li
Here we go, City on top of the world

Reactions: cbl

Yes. It's because a number of our supporters still have an inferiority complex of Man United. Everything is all about them still.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.