Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

Pep calling out fans is not on, when the club charge up to 80 quid for league games, and in excess of 40 quid for kids, these prices for many are a one off treat, not prices for people to appear for 3 home games in 6 days, add in the ticket shambles where going to a game is akin to getting into Fort Knox what does he expect?
All league games until now were put on general sale for 20 quid.

Nice of Pep to invite the fanbase to come next game...all that does is bring ridicule onto fans. They'll be 50,000+ no doubt on Saturday
If not close to a sellout even with Southampton returning 50% of their allocation. Barcelona had 40k didn't they v Bayern what does he expect Pep we're playing Red Bull L a club who brought about 40 fans by the looks of it formed in 2009.

Maybe instead of shaming fans speak to Soriano privately as club seem to prefer to keep seats empty than allowing those tickets to go to disadvantaged kids/families.

I for one will not go anywhere near a football game ,Cinema ,Theatre etc.until this pandemic is under control,you just don't know who is sat next to you behind you in front of you .
I’m in the same camp… SWMBO is currently well with Lymphoma so I can’t possibly risk being there week in and week out in case I take something home to her… I hope that things settle totally by next season when I take up my seat again

My only worry is that I may get out of the habit by next season and not go back now I’m golfing too

Same night a lot of my mates decided to go pub and watch Rangers v Marseille in CL

Called the fucking lot of them a shower of shite
I pulled up in my car using the father in law’s parking space, saw no one was about and started to drive off before a steward ran up to me to tell me it was still on! Mansfield lads were in fine voice throughout if memory serves me correct.

It’s not so much the classic chants that people join in with (although, contradictorily, it is the classic chants that people join in with), it’s the City chants that people really join in with most and they just happen to be classic chants.

We need some new City songs! When did it become a thing that we stopped making up songs about the club?

So far this season we’ve given Dzeko Zaba Kompany DSilva Agüero and Yaya songs a regular blast and people may join in with them once, but never a second or third time when we’ve got Walker Dias Cancelo Rodri Grealish Gundogan and Torres playing well and doing good things on the pitch that deserve recognition, They just fall dead and our singing section just sound like an away end in our home ground.

@Didsbury Dave and you have made observations on this in the past.

And on the way the singing section sings… there was a moment in the first half when SSL1 started off “Singing The Blues”, and the rest of the ground were up for joining in and started but by the time a good number got going, SSL1 were singing at 100mph and then all of a sudden stopped. So the rest of the ground stopped.

It probably sounds like I’m moaning about them, but I actually think our singing sections are great in that they do try hard and do sing a lot (apart from the middle half hour last night where they were completely silent) and there are noticeably more singers over there now with the rail seats. But the rest of the ground really do look on at SSL1 to get them going, maybe SSL1 don’t care about that and don’t mind being an away end in their own stadium, and they are very good at being like an away in their own stadium… but they haven’t learnt how to be a home singing section yet.

Slow down, stick to one song for ages, give the rest of the ground something to join in with and it will happen!

The singing section in any ground are like a front man of a band at at a gig, the rest of the crowd look onto you (and in some cases, that is literal, as some fans around the ground do sit and watch you and listen intently to you, waiting for songs to join in with)… but it has to be said, the rest of the ground need to get involved a lot more too!
Cee A N Cee Eee eL O
Cee A N Cee Eee eL O
Cee A N Cee Eee eL O
City is our name!

I thought the atmosphere was alright last night? The attendance was great considering there were no away fans and the ticketing fiasco.
I’ve got a sore throat this morning from all the singing.
You may well have a sore throat this morning but according to some on this thread they don't like the songs you sing

It’s not so much the classic chants that people join in with (although, contradictorily, it is the classic chants that people join in with), it’s the City chants that people really join in with most and they just happen to be classic chants.

We need some new City songs! When did it become a thing that we stopped making up songs about the club?

So far this season we’ve given Dzeko Zaba Kompany DSilva Agüero and Yaya songs a regular blast and people may join in with them once, but never a second or third time when we’ve got Walker Dias Cancelo Rodri Grealish Gundogan and Torres playing well and doing good things on the pitch that deserve recognition, They just fall dead and our singing section just sound like an away end in our home ground.

@Didsbury Dave and you have made observations on this in the past.

And on the way the singing section sings… there was a moment in the first half when SSL1 started off “Singing The Blues”, and the rest of the ground were up for joining in and started but by the time a good number got going, SSL1 were singing at 100mph and then all of a sudden stopped. So the rest of the ground stopped.

It probably sounds like I’m moaning about them, but I actually think our singing sections are great in that they do try hard and do sing a lot (apart from the middle half hour last night where they were completely silent) and there are noticeably more singers over there now with the rail seats. But the rest of the ground really do look on at SSL1 to get them going, maybe SSL1 don’t care about that and don’t mind being an away end in their own stadium, and they are very good at being like an away in their own stadium… but they haven’t learnt how to be a home singing section yet.

Slow down, stick to one song for ages, give the rest of the ground something to join in with and it will happen!

The singing section in any ground are like a front man of a band at at a gig, the rest of the crowd look onto you (and in some cases, that is literal, as some fans around the ground do sit and watch you and listen intently to you, waiting for songs to join in with)… but it has to be said, the rest of the ground need to get involved a lot more too!
Jive talkin'
You're telling me lies, yeah
Jive talkin'
You wear a disguise
Jive talkin'
So misunderstood, yeah
Jive talkin'
You just ain't no good

Oh jive talkin'
Jive talkin'
Oh jive talkin'

-----------------------------------

Kyle Walker'
Running down the lines, yeah
Kyle Walker'
City til he dies
Kyle Walker'
So misunderstood, yeah
Kyle Walker'
Your so fucking good

Oh Kyle Walker'
Kyle Walker'
Oh Kyle Walker'

I’m sick of these comments he’s made it’s one too many now. Someone in the Media or PR department whatever needs a word

What people and fkin pep has to realise here is,, how many home games we had now in the space of a month 4?....anyway father 2 kids for example, if the match tickets total let's say £250, just for those 4,then petrol say 60 over a month, food let's say 120 for all 3... So there you have it,, its just not fucking realistic, and the truth of the matter is here,, if a few thousand simply cannot afford or can't go cause have be up early for work.. Ie me 5am....then the club need to get real.. Then on top of all that you have the bullshit ticket situation... So pep...you tell yer mates at city to sort that fucking bit out!

Oh and the transport, complete fking joke that is at the stadium.

P. S. And the truth of the matter we ain't ushited, so if they do not turn up,, not many take there place

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.