Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

Pep calling out fans is not on, when the club charge up to 80 quid for league games, and in excess of 40 quid for kids, these prices for many are a one off treat, not prices for people to appear for 3 home games in 6 days, add in the ticket shambles where going to a game is akin to getting into Fort Knox what does he expect?

Is he really calling out fans though? To me he was just sounding frustrated that his world-class team isn't getting the full stadiums it frankly deserves. I don't doubt he understands perfectly well that lots of fans have to prioritise, let's not forget this is a guy who's proud of his roots as a working class family. It's not like the same doesn't apply to every club. He probably feels like we should still be able to find 55k people to come even if some of the regulars have to prioritise the PSG game etc.

This planned stadium extension does worry me. I know it's partly motivated by desire to host a CL final but we could be looking at thousands of empty seats for a lot of league games.

Poor from Pep to speak out about this publicly, he has just fueled the washed up alcoholic pundits on talk sport as well as the plastic brigade elsewhere who will now go to town on this.

Surely he is aware of the recent pandemic which is a probable factor both in terms of finance and health as to why people aren't attending combined with an awful ticketing system..

So what you are saying is most of them are £65 and most have gone have gone and the expensive 93:20 seats are £80 and theres a few of those left, plus a handful of £50 seats. There are no games with normal seats at £80, just the 93:20 seats.
Are they all 93:20 seats? They’re showing in both the SE corner and SW corner. I thought 93:20 was just SE?
Still, £63 up in SS3 where some season tickets are not much more than £300 and £40 for under 18s is pretty shocking pricing IMO

Don't know why we care - we had more than Inter Milan last night

If I was an Inter Milan fan right now I wouldn't go either tbf, no point putting time and money into supporting the team when the squad is going to be picked apart until your owners are out of debt.

Poor from Pep to speak out about this publicly, he has just fueled the washed up alcoholic pundits on talk sport as well as the plastic brigade elsewhere who will now go to town on this.

Will get pelters for this but it's not like they're pulling it out of their arses. Our attendance is less than what it should be and our atmosphere is quieter than we'd like. I know we're sensitive about criticism on those subjects but it's criticism rooted in reality, not the myth some of us pretend it is.

He should focus on not fucking up the selections in the CL in important games tbh and not whats going on in the stands....

It’s not so much the classic chants that people join in with (although, contradictorily, it is the classic chants that people join in with), it’s the City chants that people really join in with most and they just happen to be classic chants.

We need some new City songs! When did it become a thing that we stopped making up songs about the club?

So far this season we’ve given Dzeko Zaba Kompany DSilva Agüero and Yaya songs a regular blast and people may join in with them once, but never a second or third time when we’ve got Walker Dias Cancelo Rodri Grealish Gundogan and Torres playing well and doing good things on the pitch that deserve recognition, They just fall dead and our singing section just sound like an away end in our home ground.

@Didsbury Dave and you have made observations on this in the past.

And on the way the singing section sings… there was a moment in the first half when SSL1 started off “Singing The Blues”, and the rest of the ground were up for joining in and started but by the time a good number got going, SSL1 were singing at 100mph and then all of a sudden stopped. So the rest of the ground stopped.

It probably sounds like I’m moaning about them, but I actually think our singing sections are great in that they do try hard and do sing a lot (apart from the middle half hour last night where they were completely silent) and there are noticeably more singers over there now with the rail seats. But the rest of the ground really do look on at SSL1 to get them going, maybe SSL1 don’t care about that and don’t mind being an away end in their own stadium, and they are very good at being like an away in their own stadium… but they haven’t learnt how to be a home singing section yet.

Slow down, stick to one song for ages, give the rest of the ground something to join in with and it will happen!

The singing section in any ground are like a front man of a band at at a gig, the rest of the crowd look onto you (and in some cases, that is literal, as some fans around the ground do sit and watch you and listen intently to you, waiting for songs to join in with)… but it has to be said, the rest of the ground need to get involved a lot more too!
five foot ten - Iggy Pop

Yeahj I like it
Ooh Ooh Ooh

I'm only five foot ten
I got a pain in my neck
I'm looking up in the city
What the hell what the heck
I stare at the concrete
The girders eye high
The steel's above me
There's love in my eyes

[Chorus 1]
And I'm doing the things
A five foot ten man can do

[Verse 2]
I'm only five foot ten
I got a pain in my heart
All the night I'm working
On the football park
With a handful of assists
A sack full of goals
I don't wanna go home
With all the BIG folks

[Chorus 2]
And I wish life could be
Grealish Man City
I wish life could be
Grealish Man City
I wish life could be
Anything
Ugh! Aie! Aie! Aie!
Ugh!

[Verse 3]
I'm only five foot ten
Unless the time has come
I won't grow anymore
Anymore, anymore, anymore
Until I'm losing my head
I'm checking it twice
I'm going to find out
Who's naughty and nice

[Chorus 1]
And I'm doing the things
A five foot ten man can do

[Chorus 2]
I wish life could be Grealish Man City
I wish life could be
Yeah, I wish life could be
Ohhh, I wish life could be

[Outro]
I wish life could be
I won't grow anymore
I won't grow anymore
I won't grow anymore
Anymore, anymore, anymore, anymore, anymore
I'm only five foot ten
I'm only five foot ten
I'm only five foot ten
I'm five foot ten

Klopp called out a shite Anfield atmosphere, and that helped trigger a CL win for them. There's tickets left for games, if there wasn't he wouldn't need to ask for fans to turn up. Atmosphere has been good in the league this season, and pretty flat tonight. There's always an excuse, but players and the manger notice, what can you say.
When did klopp say that?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.