Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

Did you read the post?

38,000 fans for me is more than acceptable - seemingly not for Pep.

I don't care about the optics, I care about our manager and ownership being so stupidly detached.

Fans justifying their none attendance should not be required, but Pep's comments, without any prompting from the interviewer, have brought it into the public domain, because that's what HE wanted.

Not that it's anyone's business, but I've earned £40 this week, my income has always gone up and down, lost my business during Covid.

As someone who is rightly proud of being a City fan, I am simply sharing that because there are countless barriers to non-attendance across the board, yet Pep should somehow avoid the ire of people like me and thousands of others who feel smarted by an accusation of a lack of loyalty.

It was a crass attack on the supporter base as a whole, some pseudo reverse psycho ploy in his head, no doubt.

I'm going on Saturday in 93:20 because a family member is treating me to a ticket. My dad and son will be there because I've sorted them some comps.

This is an inner-City football club, with a demographic that Pep and his Catalan bubble are so far removed from.

I blame the club for that. They have focused so much on making everything 'just so' for him to achieve on the pitch, they have taken their eye off what truly made this club special off it.
Brilliant post

agree with this. We don’t have the fan base. Never needed to expand the ground
I just want to remind you that our average crowds have been consistently over 54,000 since that third tier was built. Not many if any any club sells out cup games. It’s been well documented that for the last 3/4 years attendances right across Europe have fallen dramatically in the CL, it’s not just a city thing.
I think 45,000 for last nights games was decent given Leipzig had 30 fans in attendance.
City will outgrow the stadium over the coming decades FACT.

It wasn't snide and I doubt he had any wish to offend the fanbase. Though he probably should be aware by now that we have some very sensitive blues knocking about.
Sorry but that's BS, he's mentioned it in the past and subsequently apologised so he knows the narrative.

He could easily have put a positive spin on the message, thanking the fans for attending despite a ticketing fiasco.

I was well surprised how many were there last night
much better than on some previous group stages
the atmosphere too was ok i thought
just a bit spoiled for me by having words with a foriegn rag sat behind me mouthing off.

Pep is used to 80,000 CL crowds at Barca and Bayern.

You'd think after 7 years at City he'd be used to 50,000 (circa) crowds.

If he wants CL atmospheres and large crowds, he should of managed United or Liverpool instead.

The thread where some blues disappear up their own arses.

Have I really just read some posts which call Pep ‘arrogant and aloof’ at the same time praising Mancini as some kind of man of the people ?? That’s hilarious.

If you want to learn about arrogance and being aloof I suggest you speak to any players or staff that had to deal with Mancini. But he wore a city scarf so he was ‘one of us’.
That’s a huge difference between being a twat and being a twat wearing a scarf you know. Tbf to both though they are so far removed from real world reality it must be hard to comprehend.

I was well surprised how many were there last night
much better than on some previous group stages
the atmosphere too was ok i thought
just a bit spoiled for me by having words with a foriegn rag sat behind me mouthing off.
The atmosphere on CL nights is normally good because the away fans are normally noisy but there were almost no visiting fans at all. I tried counting them. I think there was 40

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.