Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

Agree are fan base is growing and fairly quickly all be it at the young age group who cant attend.
I am seeing more and more young kids around SE Kent in City kits or shirts. I would say the chance of them being taken to the Etihad is slim. Perhaps in ten years time yes.
Fan base is growing but will they go to the Etihad ?
Considering what kind of fan base are attending CL games these days i would say most definitely.
From what i have seen in the south stand in the last ten seasons there is a different crowd of fans attend a lot of the CL games.
I think once we as a club evolve, attracting large crowds for CL games will be a given and there will be largely a different set of fans than for premier league games.

Agree are fan base is growing and fairly quickly all be it at the young age group who cant attend.
I am seeing more and more young kids around SE Kent in City kits or shirts. I would say the chance of them being taken to the Etihad is slim. Perhaps in ten years time yes.
Fan base is growing but will they go to the Etihad ?
Manchester City - the pride of SE Kent.
Oh, the irony!

;-)

Considering what kind of fan base are attending CL games these days i would say most definitely.
From what i have seen in the south stand in the last ten seasons there is a different crowd of fans attend a lot of the CL games.
I think once we as a club evolve, attracting large crowds for CL games will be a given and there will be largely a different set of fans than for premier league games.

Yea young fans from around the Manchester could be attending CL and premiership matches.
But young fans from miles away and with parents that dont support City cant see them coming. Be honest there would be no way I would have taken my young lads to another club lol.
They was a dad and young lad in front of us yesterday for his game, the same behind us to.

I guess only time will tell

Reactions: ffs
Manchester City - the pride of SE Kent.
Oh, the irony!

;-)

But that's the way it going ! Young fans now dont have any ties to Manchester. The days of them coming from manc families is well over.
My lad 24 gets fed up being called a glory hunter from all the plastic dippers and rags around here, who's parents support other teams lol. He likes telling them his dad, grandads, great grandads are all mancs and uncle and aunties, cousins are all City fans. He asks them who their dads support and it will be a London club.

Our fan base is changing and it's nice to see our shirts being seen around here

But yea I get the irony ;)

Usually the CL games are full of foreigners but this time I didn’t see any, because of COVID.

100% we will!!! our support is growing not shrinking.
Guaranteed in 10 years time you will see at least a growth of 5,000 on the average crowd.
Just look back at the records, Liverpool and Uniteds fan base have grown because of decades of success, they didn’t just turn up one day.
We’ve had 40 years on nothing and in turns of a fan base it’s one of the best in world football FACT.
We have already caught up and overtaken some on the biggest clubs in world football not just financially but as a brand and our facilities and certainly the football is second to none, onwards and upwards CTID

I was thinking in the short term future. Can see them expanding in 10 years, but not any time soon.

I can tell you the Club conducted a workshop on Friday, wanting to learn the supporter 'journey'.

They are obviously aware of all the problems and the disconnect between the fans and the club in a few areas.

I told someone they just need to spend a week trying to buy a ticket, trying to contact supporter services, trying to find a car park space or trying to rely on woeful public transport.

The journey lasts a week for most.

I can tell you the Club conducted a workshop on Friday, wanting to learn the supporter 'journey'.

They are obviously aware of all the problems and the disconnect between the fans and the club in a few areas.

I told someone they just need to spend a week trying to buy a ticket, trying to contact supporter services, trying to find a car park space or trying to rely on woeful public transport.

The journey lasts a week for most.
"Buy a ticket to City...it's not just about 90mins"

Usually the CL games are full of foreigners but this time I didn’t see any, because of COVID.

Agree. It was a very Mancunian crowd. Normally it's a very European crowd. The fact we still pulled 45K, forget the 38K bullsh*t in the media, and 3000 missing Leipzig fans, is encouraging.

Will be interesting to see what kind of crowd we get against PSG and Bruges.

Far be it from me to berate your lot for empty seats because my lot operate at around 40% empty but I think the reason you get stick is is because empty blue seats are highly visible on TV.

When we were going through one of our numerous dodgy periods, crowd announcements were frequently greeted by audible gasps, rather like has been said on here with Swales in charge. I don't think your current ownership has any reason to fiddle the figures, unless your people on the gates are ex-employees of the Mersey Tunnel.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.