Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

The bottom line is other than the high profile games where something is on the line the home vocal support isn’t all that. Having a bigger 2nd tier in the north stand will not magically make our version of the yellow wall appear. It was exactly the same at Maine road. The away support is great but unless all those relocate to one area the atmosphere will remain the same. Tottenham have a one tier end and it makes absolutely no difference to the old WHL. It’s the way it is in English football, away support is generally louder than the home.

Other clubs are now moving on forward with ultra fans with drums etc, just look at Arsenal not known for their atmosphere, even Bournemouth.

ttps://twitter.com/sportbible/status/1607473972379267072?s=61&t=ivltLVCsXNZ75MwyUJ_atg

City really needs to sort of atmosphere at the ground, easy solution is to make the North Stand the new home end, with loads of different supporters' sections coming together to form a union of supporters clubs.

The PA guy is trying his best yesterday with his Haaland and Benardo's

The bottom line is other than the high profile games where something is on the line the home vocal support isn’t all that. Having a bigger 2nd tier in the north stand will not magically make our version of the yellow wall appear. It was exactly the same at Maine road. The away support is great but unless all those relocate to one area the atmosphere will remain the same. Tottenham have a one tier end and it makes absolutely no difference to the old WHL. It’s the way it is in English football, away support is generally louder than the home.

There’s one fundamental thing about the yellow wall. Lets call them ‘singers’ instead of ‘Ultras’, as that word scares a few posters on here. There is a large group of singers placed strategically in the yellow wall. They are located above the front of the stand, and in the centre of the stand. That is their area. Nobody else is allowed to go in there. That’s where the chants start from and ripple out across the yellow wall. It’s takes a nucleus of singers to get other fans around them singing.

As it our singers are mostly located at the back of 115, or were before being moved on, behind the disabled section, under the concrete overhang, as well as being scattered across SSL1, 111 and 110. A complete and utter mess. The difference between both setups is night and day.

We will never replicate the yellow wall. I fully accept that. It’s a totally different setup and mindset in Germany when it comes to singing and supporting your team for the whole of the match. But we can with the help of the club(that’s the important bit!), create our own version of the blue wall(arf!), if level 2 of the expanded North stand was large enough, and if a block at the front and centre of level 2 was given over to (500) singers. But for some thing like that to happen the club would have to buy into it 100%, which I don’t think they will do. In fact, they won’t do.

8A6CFBBD-9502-4BDA-B6E9-962A83B5722B.jpeg

We’ll see what the club have proposed when they reveal the plans for the North stand expansion.

Last edited:
It would appear you have missed the point with regards to the complaint of ticket prices for the Spurs game (deliberately or otherwise I’m not sure). It is one example of an upcoming game used to illustrate a wider point that the club are pricing out local working class and young supporters from attending. Whilst this continues there is no point in having a discussion around atmosphere because it won’t change.
Is it too much to expect the 40,000 season ticket holders Do we have to wait the 80-odd years left on the stadium lease before we can build a new one?
Nuclear option obviously, but sometimes feels like best bet is starting from scratch, with a proper plan for singing sections etc, good acoustics, and somewhere with satisfactory transport links while we’re at it!

And no, I don’t blame the current atmosphere purely on acoustics. There is a long list of factors.
Good grief !!! Now the suggestions are to build a new stadium !!

A new stadium will be filled with the same people that were sat in silence yesterday
Other clubs are now moving on forward with ultra fans with drums etc, just look at Arsenal not known for their atmosphere, even Bournemouth.

ttps://twitter.com/sportbible/status/1607473972379267072?s=61&t=ivltLVCsXNZ75MwyUJ_atg

City really needs to sort of atmosphere at the ground, easy solution is to make the North Stand the new home end, with loads of different supporters' sections coming together to form a union of supporters clubs.

’Union of supporters clubs’ !!!! Haha

I think this thread has just jumped the shark.

Is it too much to expect the 40,000 season ticket holders Do we have to wait the 80-odd years left on the stadium lease before we can build a new one?

A new stadium will be filled with the same people that were sat in silence yesterday

CITY BOOM BOOM BOOM CITY BOOM BOOM BOOM
Think I'd rather dance round Moss side in the 70's with NF on me forehead

one of the lads i know had some smoke bombs ready to let off but was 'advised' by a steward not too as there was bit more of a focus on south stand yesterday due to what went on last week.

I know its not everyones cup of tea but imo it does help the atmosphere and if done correct in certain sections it would't cause any issues.

think city are trying there best to sanitise it even further, emails before every home game telling you what you can and can't do, report any offensive chanting etc.. (one persons take on offensive is someones else's 'just banter' ) so bit of a grey area.

won't be too much longer until the whole of the 2nd tier is corporate with different levels of packages. (like Wembley) maybe why the push for 3rd tier north stand expansion so they can boot legacy fans out of their prime seats and charge 3x as much.
Smoke bomb's just get into people's throats & cause breathing issues for some (not me).

I often have a croaky voice after the game from singing/shouting etc so I'm certainly no killjoy but SB's are shite.

I do agree on most of your post.

Nope, didn’t suggest we do it, and mitigated it with the description ‘nuclear option’. I was interested in the remaining length of the lease, and exploring the potential benefits of starting from scratch.

What are your positive solutions out of interest?

It’s Supporters Club groups who travel in on coaches together to Dortmund, who make most of the noise on the Yellow Wall. I thought a know it all like you would be aware of that.

Do you have any solutions or suggested improvements of your own. Yes, a new ground is far fetched but what are your suggestions for improving the atmosphere.

Against Everton I was surrounded by tourists

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.