Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Are you seriously blaming 3000 corporate seats for the shit atmosphere - and not the 47000 mute non corporate seats ??

And I’d love to know how reducing prices would make a difference. The same people that buy tickets now would be buying the tickets for the lesser amounts. The idea that those attending now would be replaced by thousands of priced out lapsed supporters that bring an atmosphere is fantasy.

It’s part of a wider problem. Having a corporate section in the middle of the south stand effects level 1 and 3 joining up. Having more corporate areas usually means quieter sections of people.

Reducing prices and allowing younger fans to attend has already made a difference at away games. I’d argue ss3 is the loudest part of the ground aswell and cheaper tickets have allowed fans to group together in there.

If you reduced the ridiculous match day prices it would allow younger fans to attend and that could help improve noise levels. When we expand, let’s say the north stand is all standing with cheaper tickets - are you saying that would make no difference?
L

Cheaper pricing won’t instantly fix things and there are plenty of other issues, but it would help. You seem to just dismiss all ideas.

The lounges and padded seats on L2 certainly haven’t helped the atmosphere.

When we first moved to the Etihad from Maine Road L2 was full of fans who would Sing and get behind the team. I used to sit in 215. We used to give it some up there. Not to mention giving the away fans plenty of stick. What used to be 215 or part of 215 is now the Legends lounge outside seating block. Almost every stand and level has been diluted with new corporate seating and areas. People in those areas aren’t going to sing or join in with any singing. That has a knock on effect on other seating next to and close to those areas. In the end you end up with no singing. You end up with people watching the match, wanting to sing, but they know nobody around them is going to join in with the singing, so why bother.

Eh , its still up to the people that fill it tho rather than the funding, the yellow wall is brilliant in full flow, i know people hate YNWA on here , but Dortmund do a miles better job than Liverpool fans, was thinking that in the Liverpool v liecester game , there were a few flags but hardly anyone put their scarves up and more often follows 90 mins of silence , totally different at the yellow wall.The Yellow wall of Dortmund crushes the kop every time
English football is much different than German football where teams appear to be happy to languish behind Bayern Munich for eternity. I’m pleased for them but in my opinion I wouldn’t want to be playing for second place behind the rags every year, even if the atmosphere was the best in the world. Dortmund specifically built the yellow wall stand for the vociferous home support but they have had state help for much of the rest of their stadium but we probably won’t get such assistance. Plus clubs in the UK have to get as much out of ticket sales as they can to continue to be competitive so no £15 tickets with free transport is happening either. Not sure why you don’t understand that tbh. The people going to City, and other UK grounds, are much more mixed in ages because UK prices put off younger, more boisterous individuals going week in week out.

Thought we were reasonably good in 315 yesterday.

Few handbags leaving after the game and stuff chucked from the Everton fans so I suppose you could say we were 'passionate' at the very least.

What the fuck were they singing when they kept doing a Rick Flair type wooooo in the middle of some dolphin chant?

Do we have to wait the 80-odd years left on the stadium lease before we can build a new one?

Nuclear option obviously, but sometimes feels like best bet is starting from scratch, with a proper plan for singing sections etc, good acoustics, and somewhere with satisfactory transport links while we’re at it!

And no, I don’t blame the current atmosphere purely on acoustics. There is a long list of factors.

Do we have to wait the 80-odd years left on the stadium lease before we can build a new one?

Nuclear option obviously, but sometimes feels like best bet is starting from scratch, with a proper plan for singing sections etc, good acoustics, and somewhere with satisfactory transport links while we’re at it!

And no, I don’t blame the current atmosphere purely on acoustics. There is a long list of factors.
We were rarely very load at Maine Road in all honesty..of course a few big games etc,, and when it all got a bit frilly but generally we were pretty quiet there

Well, that's that other end of the spectrum. But same, those gimps can spoil the experience in a different way.

I have an old woman behind me who spends the whole game calling City players 'useless'. The same players who've won numerous PL titles and more.

She's another type of fan that gets on my nerves but she's entitled to her opinion. No matter how shit they may be.

Oh god, I had a guy like that behind me for a few years. He moved seats a this season thankfully. Did my head in.

“FUCK OFF NAVAS” was replaced by “FUCK OFF STERLING” etc etc.

Particularly bad on late Saturday kickoffs of course when everyone’s had a few pints of extra confidence.

Last edited:
English football is much different than German football where teams appear to be happy to languish behind Bayern Munich for eternity. I’m pleased for them but in my opinion I wouldn’t want to be playing for second place behind the rags every year, even if the atmosphere was the best in the world. Dortmund specifically built the yellow wall stand for the vociferous home support but they have had state help for much of the rest of their stadium but we probably won’t get such assistance. Plus clubs in the UK have to get as much out of ticket sales as they can to continue to be competitive so no £15 tickets with free transport is happening either. Not sure why you don’t understand that tbh. The people going to City, and other UK grounds, are much more mixed in ages because UK prices put off younger, more boisterous individuals going week in week out.
Also worth pointing out the obvious that Germany, and Dortmund in particular, still has something that resembles an industrial working class and controlled rents. Manchester is a service economy with runaway rents.

one of the lads i know had some smoke bombs ready to let off but was 'advised' by a steward not too as there was bit more of a focus on south stand yesterday due to what went on last week.

I know its not everyones cup of tea but imo it does help the atmosphere and if done correct in certain sections it would't cause any issues.

think city are trying there best to sanitise it even further, emails before every home game telling you what you can and can't do, report any offensive chanting etc.. (one persons take on offensive is someones else's 'just banter' ) so bit of a grey area.

won't be too much longer until the whole of the 2nd tier is corporate with different levels of packages. (like Wembley) maybe why the push for 3rd tier north stand expansion so they can boot legacy fans out of their prime seats and charge 3x as much.

one of the lads i know had some smoke bombs ready to let off but was 'advised' by a steward not too as there was bit more of a focus on south stand yesterday due to what went on last week.

I know its not everyones cup of tea but imo it does help the atmosphere and if done correct in certain sections it would't cause any issues.

think city are trying there best to sanitise it even further, emails before every home game telling you what you can and can't do, report any offensive chanting etc.. (one persons take on offensive is someones else's 'just banter' ) so bit of a grey area.

won't be too much longer until the whole of the 2nd tier is corporate with different levels of packages. (like Wembley) maybe why the push for 3rd tier north stand expansion so they can boot legacy fans out of their prime seats and charge 3x as much.

We’ll soon find out if the North stand expansion is going to mirror the South stand expansion.

If it is North stand Level 2 will become another corporate area/lounge including seating in one of the current Level 2 centre blocks, just like block 215 in the South stand.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.