Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

People say that the atmosphere was better in the 'old days'
Here's a thought in the 'old days' away teams didnt park the bus against us because they fanced their chances of beating us. This lead to a game of football.

Now alot of away teams dont fancy their chances so park the bus. This causes a training game of attack v defence, to be honest it can be fucking boring.

I have been to some great games with a cracking atmosphere, but they have been great games of football.

I have been to some god awful boring games where the atmosphere has been shit.

We can blame us the fans for the poor atmosphere, we can blame City for the poor atmosphere. But if one team doesn't want to play football its difficult to get going.
We have alot of games were City play against the bus. It becomes boring and its possible that all our home games become attack against defence.

I dont expect teams to go toe to toe but some teams have taken the bus to a new level ! But I think the away teams play a big part in the Etihad atmosphere. I know the bus, the time wasting, fake injuries really piss me off. I get angry after playing hard earn money to watch cheating.

City can over force the play and try and get the game going. Than we get the away team one shot one goal or two shots two goals situation. It cant be interesting for the players to play week in week out against anti football teams.

Some of our best atmosphere over the last decade has been in the CL. Teams dont tend to park the bus so we get a game of football.

Before the premier league the difference between the 1st and 2rd divisions was much in terms of money etc. I think this lead to more open games.

Perhaps as a society we have changed. Perhaps people believe the press/media. I dont believe the Etihad is any different all other clubs.
I have watch the dippers, rags, barcodes spurs etc and they are no better than City. We seem to have more songs !. But the press/media bang on about the great atmosphere at Anfield when in fact its shit if the dippers havent got the ball. If you read the press/media ( I dont ) and dont follow football, you would believe Anfield/Swamp etc is fantastic and City loads of empty seats.

Trying to compare to the 'old days' of working class fans is long gone. If I cant get tickets in the south stand or the east stand by the away end I wont buy any. Everywhere else can be abut boring ! I have been in all the standards and the worst for me was top tier CB stand.
The way opponents set up against us certainly doesn't help and it's draining watching the constant time wasting. If that game on Saturday was in the World Cup the board could easily have read 20 minutes at the end of the second half. Unfortunately these tactics are proving rather fruitful.
The refs themselves bottle it every time and almost encourage it. When a goalkeeper is taking a couple of minutes to take a goalkick at the very start of the game get the yellow out early and put a stop to it straight away. They seem to take an eternity to turn around and face the goalkeeper to then just gesture them to kick it after the crowd have already been hurling abuse for about 30 seconds. Next goalkick exactly the same scenario. Really does get tedious and ruins the spectacle.

The way opponents set up against us certainly doesn't help and it's draining watching the constant time wasting. If that game on Saturday was in the World Cup the board could easily have read 20 minutes at the end of the second half. Unfortunately these tactics are proving rather fruitful.
The refs themselves bottle it every time and almost encourage it. When a goalkeeper is taking a couple of minutes to take a goalkick at the very start of the game get the yellow out early and put a stop to it straight away. They seem to take an eternity to turn around and face the goalkeeper to then just gesture them to kick it after the crowd have already been hurling abuse for about 30 seconds. Next goalkick exactly the same scenario. Really does get tedious and ruins the spectacle.
Absolutely agree with that.

The trouble is that the feelings of you and I and 50,000 other blues at the match pale into insignificance when the PL can push the “best league in the world” narrative to their millions of armchair fans when plucky little Brentford / Everton / Palace bravely take points of oil sponsored moneybags all round baddies Manchester City.

The PL don’t want us to win games, the refs are complicit, we all know this and the incessant cheating and time wasting makes the crowd frustrated and eventually saps our energy. It’s a vicious circle.

just been for a walk with the mrs and son,had a few in a pub before getting home.
read since i last posted,
a million and one reasons why
our support is flat and shite.

its the 80 to 90% who are just not arsed anymore to support the club they love,turn up fare enough,but not support vocaly,thats the be all and end all of this thread,why?
just fkin why ?
whats happened to us ?

i go to every home game in amazement most games,its so flat,sterile,dead,santitised its
bizarre.

but i know,like most on this thread,it aint changing any time soon

just been for a walk with the mrs and son,had a few in a pub before getting home.
read since i last posted,
a million and one reasons why
our support is flat and shite.

its the 80 to 90% who are just not arsed anymore to support the club they love,turn up fare enough,but not support vocaly,thats the be all and end all of this thread,why?
just fkin why ?
whats happened to us ?

i go to every home game in amazement most games,its so flat,sterile,dead,santitised its
bizarre.

but i know,like most on this thread,it aint changing any time soon

Do you do the opposite?

Brentford liverpool game, quiet as anything until the 3rd goal, hardly a squeak out of the away fans. What will get remembered is the great atmosphere later on and the rest will be forgotten.

When posters are saying it was better in the old days, does the Mancini era count?

I’d say the atmosphere was great when he was our manager. Some of the loudest home games I’ve been too. We also came up with some of the best creative chants in England. It wasn’t that long ago we were consistently good

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.