Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

This is one thread I dont think we need !

Our atmosphere is up there with the best. We seem to have a higher number of songs than most clubs.

It seems alot are beating themselves up over our so called poor atmosphere because they believe the press/media.

I watched Newcastle v City you could hear a pin drop at times, same as many other grounds.

There is a huge mith about the dippers and rags their atmosphere is mostly shit. The dippers sing ynwa at the start than sit in silence if the ball is in their half.
The rags have one nursery rhyme.

I watched the rags v dippers the other week large amount of time it was silent. Rags made a noise when scored that was it. But I heard the commentary say the place was rocking, it wasnt it was bollocks. Even my missus said " are they talking about this game " lol

We leave earlier than any other club
We can't sing for shit

Some act like it's a great big xfactor competition, they need to just go and enjoy their own experience without complaining about what other people do.

Dortmund fans in Berlin.

Going to be a cracking atmosphere at our place when they come.

View attachment 54189
Empty seats all over the place there.

It might be a cracking atmosphere but if it is it won’t be any thanks to their incessant monotone chants led by some wannabe drummer.

Puzzles me why English fans big up this kind of artificial shite

You'll struggle to beat this with anything.

This needs a double like. The match which preceded it was sensational with Hibs getting a late winner against Rangers, then a huge pitch invasion. When I lived up there I used to watch Hearts and Hibs all the time. They both have brilliant away supports. I love this and agree it can't be bettered by any fanbase.

It might be a cracking atmosphere but if it is it won’t be any thanks to their incessant monotone chants led by some wannabe drummer.

And artificial is exactly what it is. I work for a German company my boss is a huge Eintracht Frankfurt fan.
He and his wife go to the home games early to 'watch the ultras'. They know at exactly what time the singing will start (1 hour before kick off), they know exactly what songs and clapping routines will be done and exactly in what order. They eat a pizza whilst they are watching it. They think its great - so good for them. To me its totaly orchestrated, synthetic entertainment. OK if you like that kind of thing, but not for me.

It's not artificial, even though you and other PL fans think it is. That's how supporters across Europe support their teams for 90 minutes. It's been like that for decades. So how you think it's artificial and madeup is beyond me. That way of supporting your team across Europe has been passed down through generations of support, including families and friends. Much better than complete silence which you often hear at PL matches. Not to mention fans rushing for a beer, fans rushing home before the end of the match(see the thread), 1000's of empty seats at full time, etc. 1000's Spurs fans didn't sing at all yesterday at Forest, even though Spurs were winning 0-1 for most of game. If you don't like that kind of atmosphere fair enough, but there are plenty of supporters in the PL who would love the kind of atmosphere, including displays, banners, etc that are common place across European football matches.

It's funny isn't it. People on this thread praising Celtic's support, posting a video, and they have one of the best and loudest (corner) Ultra sections in Europe, that get's the rest of the crowd going. Is that artificial as well or not?

I went to Celtic in the CL. It was one of the best atmospheres I've ever heard. Orchastrated, if thats the right word, by the Green Brigade in the corner of the ground, singing for 90 minutes.

It's not artificial, even though you and other PL fans think it is. That's how supporters across Europe support their teams for 90 minutes. It's been like that for decades, so how you think it's artificial and madeup is beyond me. That way of supporting your team across Europe has been passed down through generations of support, including families and friends. Much better than complete silence which you often hear at PL matches. Not to mention fans rushing for a beer, fans rushing home before the end of the match(see the thread), 1000's of empty seats at full time, etc. 1000's Spurs fans didn't sing at all yesterday at Forest, even though Spurs were winning 0-1 for most of game. If you don't like that kind of atmosphere fair enough, but there are plenty of Supporters in the PL who would love the atmosphere, displays, banners, etc that are common place across Europen football matches.
“Artificial” - not occurring naturally.

Each to their own but for me a spontaneous chant of for example “Stand up for the champions “ after an exhilarating passage of play is much more conducive to a good atmosphere than German style irrelevant inane non stop rhythmic shouting which conjures up images of downtrodden young men behind the iron curtain being forced to participate in military parades in years gone by. Planned fun is never fun. Banners aren’t fun - they’re “look at me I made a banner”.

This isn’t aimed at you as we’re discussing a different issue but generally I think there’s something alarmingly authoritarian at the way the old timers on here want to force their way of enjoying matches on everyone else - the songs they should be allowed to sing, the amount of time they should be allowed to enjoy refreshments at HT, the recreational drugs they should be allowed to take, the insistence that they stay until way after the final whistle, mandatory participation in after match applause etc etc. It seems to me that these old dudes are bitter that their time has gone and they’re trying to make everyone else as miserable as they are

Nout wrong with leaving early, nout wrong with having a beer with your mates, nout wrong with doing whatever it is you enjoy doing at the match …. each to their own

No suprise Celtic and Rangers do that Artificial shite and they both have by far the best atmosphere in the UK it does work if done right

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.