Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

green brigade against us. Always thought this would be amazing for City. Just change to City. Come on you boys in blue. Manchester’s blue and white. Simple. Chanting this to each end back and forth.

Good ^

This is the one I always bang on about, starts off slow, then around 27 seconds in goes full passion, just change River Plate to Alvarez or Man City

It's not artificial, even though you and other PL fans think it is. That's how supporters across Europe support their teams for 90 minutes. It's been like that for decades. So how you think it's artificial and madeup is beyond me. That way of supporting your team across Europe has been passed down through generations of support, including families and friends. Much better than complete silence which you often hear at PL matches. Not to mention fans rushing for a beer, fans rushing home before the end of the match(see the thread), 1000's of empty seats at full time, etc. 1000's Spurs fans didn't sing at all yesterday at Forest, even though Spurs were winning 0-1 for most of game. If you don't like that kind of atmosphere fair enough, but there are plenty of supporters in the PL who would love the kind of atmosphere, including displays, banners, etc that are common place across European football matches.
Artificial is a bit harsh but I am one of those who loves spontanous atmospheres. The best I have been in was Poznan away which was a mixture of organised and spontaneous. And it was much the same at Aris Salonika. But I hated it at Bayern where it wasn't that loud and really did feel contrived. I think there is a balance to be struck.
I ended up drinking with some Hoffenheim fans before our Etihad clash. Some of them chose to ignore their "march to the ground" and stay in the pub because they disliked the whole marching concept. Mind you we were all pissed (in the Lower Turk's Head) and a Northern Soul band was blasting the place out so it was hard to leave hours before the match started anyway.

Holmesdale Ultra's, lake of anal seepage more like.

The choreographed bollocks of European Ultra's is utter dog pump, the Goths with their megaphones and backs to the action, just fuck off you two bob twunts. The Italians with the choreographed displays, contrived dullness. The England band can piss off as well, shit tunes by dopey maggots

Don't mind them mental loons from South America though, full on party chanting/singing craziness
Still think Vamos Vamos Vamos River Plate, should be adopted for Julian Alvarez or City or both.
The South American fans are light years ahead of the rest. I would love to take in a Boca/River Plate Derby.

I suppose if you have 3 or 4 blokes( that see next to nothing of the game) instructing the rest what to and when to sing which has no change despite anything happening on the field then yep that's about as artificial as it gets, not for me i'll stick with properly generated atmospheres ie Hamburg at home and several others I could name which would fill the page.

As opposed to 3 or 4 lads at the back of the South stand who constantly start the chants and dictate to the rest of the South stand what to sing because they start the chants off. The difference being, they aren't at the front of the South stand, and they haven't got a megaphone, but they are basically doing what a Capo/Capos would do across Europe.

There are 3 groups of lads who tend to start the chants off at the back of the South stand. 1894 at the back of 115. A group of lads at the back of 114 next the away fans. And a group of lads at the back of 116/117, not 100% sure where they're exactly located. On numerous occasions either one of those groups are flogging a dead horse as no one can be bothered joining in with the chants, even when City are winning, or the team need our support to find an equaliser or a winning goal.

Many of the Capos do watch the game. They take it inturn to start the chants. Yes, there are Capos who constantly start the chants and miss the majority of the game, but that's their choice.

Last edited:
It's not artificial, even though you and other PL fans think it is. That's how supporters across Europe support their teams for 90 minutes. It's been like that for decades. So how you think it's artificial and madeup is beyond me. That way of supporting your team across Europe has been passed down through generations of support, including families and friends. Much better than complete silence which you often hear at PL matches. Not to mention fans rushing for a beer, fans rushing home before the end of the match(see the thread), 1000's of empty seats at full time, etc. 1000's Spurs fans didn't sing at all yesterday at Forest, even though Spurs were winning 0-1 for most of game. If you don't like that kind of atmosphere fair enough, but there are plenty of supporters in the PL who would love the kind of atmosphere, including displays, banners, etc that are common place across European football matches.

Shows how different we all are, I'm more than happy with European supporters doing what they do in Europe, but would hate to see it come into the English game.

The only thing worse in world fussball than the wankers with the megaphones or drumkits is the bloody Vuvuzela. That's just 90 minutes of being stuck in a beehive.

The sound of a crowd reacting to the game in front of it, is the best thing about English football, and why I detested the South African World Cup and those wankers in the England band with their sodding trumpets.

Don't even get me started on the flags and banners....pure dipper-shite.

Let’s hope it doesn’t take off. Embarrassing we can’t come up with one original song for Haaland.

I bet the Haaland’s fuckin love it. A song that celebrates both Dad ‘n’ Lad must be unique in the football world - I wait to be corrected.
Although we sung it for the Toure brothers, this new incarnation connects the old ‘ ickle City ‘ with the new superstar laden team. Expect it to go viral like the first time and get a new lease of life across the globe - much to the annoyance of the red mardarses.
Get it going Blues … Alfie, Alfie, Alfie …. ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.