Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

The club is trying to orchestrate an atmosphere they should leave it to the fans to orchestrate their own atmosphere organically.

In 20 or so years they will have the crowd singing adverts for products they are sponsoring.

They'll have blue moons for sale in the club shop.

I'm pretty sure in the Hamburg game they were building up the tension with the loud PA - think it was the build up to "right here right now" when Blue Moon just took off from the SS. I was in 212 next to the Hamburg fans and they just stopped their shitty drumming and looked around in awe as it echoed around. I think the club reacted pretty quick and got the blue moons up on the screens just to let everyone know what they were singing about!

Did he, what did he say?

He was asked about the changes for the Chelsea game in the league and said he picked the team the fans wanted. Mahrez and Grealish out Foden and Bernardo in. Then hauled them off as well as Walker and Cancelo and we scored! Felt like he'd been reading the comments on here with people saying we have to start Phil and Bernardo and if they saw Mahrez and Grealish on the teamsheet they'd sigh.

He was asked about the changes for the Chelsea game in the league and said he picked the team the fans wanted. Mahrez and Grealish out Foden and Bernardo in. Then hauled them off as well as Walker and Cancelo and we scored! Felt like he'd been reading the comments on here with people saying we have to start Phil and Bernardo and if they saw Mahrez and Grealish on the teamsheet they'd sigh.
Sorry mate, I saw him say that, which I thought was unnecessary, I thought he had said something else. I don't know why he does that.

The club is trying to orchestrate an atmosphere they should leave it to the fans to orchestrate their own atmosphere organically.

In 20 or so years they will have the crowd singing adverts for products they are sponsoring.
No need, didn't our supporter led club turf over a thousand fans from their seats to make room for double decker advertising screens?

If the Rags had done this we would have ripped the shit out of them.

Come and join me in a chant of "OKX OKX OKX"

I hope I'm wrong, but when the new stand plans are unveiled expect much gnashing of teeth on here as the last chance for a fan end is lost.

We are not fans to some (Soriano) in the club, we are revenue.

Beat him on the head with a baseball bat, on the head, on the head. My word that was an aggressive chant that was sang a lot in the Kippax in the 70's.
We're gonna boot in scousers' heads we're gonna boot in scousers' heads was another classic

How long has it been since the chant City 'till I die. I started singing it and nobody joined me. I was looling around at people expecting me to hand out leaflets with lyrics...
That was a good original chant that City started back in the 90s.When we first started singing it the first “City till I die” was elongated and sung with hands outstretched and it was a great anthem type song. Funnily enough we killed the song ourselves by speeding it up and clapping to it after about one season. Then it became jaunty and shit and died a death.

Another song that we’ve killed more recently is “Colin The King”. Now fans have started elongating the word “wooooooooorrrld” as well as the “Weeeeeeeeee’ll” bit and it means it’s impossible to sing properly.

We love you City we do has died off, sadly.

It used to be sung by 1000’s of fans on the Kippax with everyone clapping along. It sounded superb.

Liverpool sing it more now. They never used to sing it. United sing it as well, but not as much.

We need to get this it going again at every home match.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.