Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

When did we stop singing
'and it's Manchester City,
Manchester City F.C
And it's by far the greatest team the world has ever seen'
Numerous other clubs have their variant. Not sure I've actually been to a game that it's been sung at but have seen it on YouTube and dads old vhs tapes.
Chance to sing over the away fans when they pipe up with it.

Last edited:
One thing I'd love to see change is Blue Moon before games. Either play the whole song, which I'm sure most of us know the words to, or play it once then just play the music (slower) to let it go around the ground so it's the fans you hear. I hate how it ends with the happy clapping fast part, which we'd never sing otherwise and which ends to it fizzling out and complete silence before fans start the next song. You want the anthem to ring around the ground and end in feeling completely pumped up. It just doesn't work having the quick version which inevitably leads to silence.

Or stop doing blue moon and do hey jude and let that ring round.

The whole idea is to get everyone singing. Having the music helps people feel confident about joining in, then you could cut that so it's just the fans which gets the goosebumps going and you want to leave it so that it flows into more singing. As I said, the current setup just leads to the fast part where it just fizzles out.
I’d like to see Blue Moon ditched completely from the start of games. Hardly anyone joins in anymore.

Manchester la la la

Verse before Hark Now Here

Joe Royle's (or whoever's) Blue and White Army

Blue's Go Marching In

as other have mentioned 'City Till I Die', 'We Love You City We Do' and 'City We're From Manchester'. Surprised these haven't stood the test of time and fizzled out.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.