Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

I do start other chants, but people are too busy singing follow follow to care.

I just think we need to acknowledge that some songs are more likely to travel round the stadium than others, and I would put follow follow in the category of Highly Unlikely to travel round the stadium.

So obviously SS1 and apparently SS3 will have a decent atmosphere by singing follow follow all game, however this causes the atmosphere in the rest of the ground to suffer as there is no one starting chants like bluemoon and mcfc ok which will travel round the ground more often than not
It's not follow follow all game in ss3 at all , I mentioned it ro highlight the fact that other areas know the words and also sing it. The issue isn't the follow follow some its the acoustics of the stadium amongsy many other things , you don't like it that's fine , but demanding those that do dont sing it isn't something that will improve the atmosphere

I've been going since mid 70s of the bad times and the good pal. Our home match support hasn't always been good but dead every time?, C'mon. Maybe in the corporate suites but certainly not on the terraces.

You say it hasn't stopped anybody singing, you're right, but many vocal fans have been priced out of going, replaced by newbies tourists and corporates who don't know our songs or aren't interested in learning them and getting vocal.
Think you've misunderstood me a bit pal, I wasn't talking generally about our atmosphere, I was specifically referring to the few times city approved the request to kill the cheese pre-match turned the music off everything to let the fans create the noise before kick off as is often requested, it was a catastrophic failure every single time and hopefully won't be done again, we need all the help we can get.

What you've said in the last paragraph I don't disagree with but it's not really relevant to my post, the lightshows and whatever else doesn't prevent us from singing, we prevent ourselves from singing. The lightshows just give many an easy scapegoat for our own failings to create noise at times.

Think you've misunderstood me a bit pal, I wasn't talking generally about our atmosphere, I was specifically referring to the few times city approved the request to kill the cheese pre-match turned the music off everything to let the fans create the noise before kick off as is often requested, it was a catastrophic failure every single time and hopefully won't be done again, we need all the help we can get.

What you've said in the last paragraph I don't disagree with but it's not really relevant to my post, the lightshows and whatever else doesn't prevent us from singing, we prevent ourselves from singing. The lightshows just give many an easy scapegoat for our own failings to create noise at times.
Ok fair enough. Maybe certain fans have become expectant and apathetic, expecting to be winning before they start singing ? I think so.

Ok fair enough. Maybe certain fans have become expectant and apathetic, expecting to be winning before they start singing ? I think so.
Imho it's exactly that , the style of football we have played lately hasn't helped either , nothing like quick passing foorball and a good high press to get the crowd going

I’m sure we’ll be hearing plenty of “Pep is right your fans are shite” from now on. Just have to take it on the chin and try to improve the atmosphere.

"Best we've had for years", is that why only 1,500 people sing it at most. The problem isn't about getting the south stand singing, they already sing. The problem is that the rest of the ground don't sing enough.

People will argue with this point, but I can absolutely promise you, we will never see a stadium wide rendition of follow follow, in the way that we do with blue moon.

I just think it's a song that should be kept in the concourse or on away days, not one we should be singing when trying to give our team a home advantage
Our manager has just called the fans out for being shite and your arguing about the playlist? If you don't like it do something about it

Our manager has just called the fans out for being shite and your arguing about the playlist? If you don't like it do something about it
He is doing something about it. He’s on the thread directly associated with the atmosphere on our main fans’ forum where a lot of people involved in creating the atmosphere come and read, and he’s having a justified moan.

There should be no reason why the old favourites don’t get going every game,

oh when the blues, go marching in….
we are city, we are city, super city from Maine Road,
we love you city we do, we love you city we do, we love you city we do, oh city we love you,
we’ll drink a drink a drink to Colin the king the king the king, he’s the saviour of man city,
come on city, come on city
attack, attack, attack, attack, attack
i’m city till i die, I’m city till I die, I know I am, I’m sure I am, I’m city till I die
You are my city, my only city, you make me happy when skies are grey……
blue moon
etc etc

mix them with some of the newer ones and bobs your uncle, atmosphere.

In any case, I’ll keep singing for the boys, week in, week out and I never have, and never would boo our boys. We’re family, we don’t do that.

I’m sure we’ll be hearing plenty of “Pep is right your fans are shite” from now on. Just have to take it on the chin and try to improve the atmosphere.
And it’ll be deserved. Only got ourselves to blame.

If we’d carried on from that brilliant run of atmospheres we had from March to May and in August and September (plus Fulham on Bonfire Night) in 2022, we’d have one of the best atmospheres in the country.

Yet all of a sudden it just stopped.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.