Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

That fucking song on its own has damaged the atmosphere.
It’s a fairly good chant. It’s a very good Away day chant or one of those that gets going at 4-2 up late in the game as it’s more of a celebratory chant.

However, from the first kickoff of the game, it’s the equivalent of a 100m sprinter slowly strolling out of the blocks after the gun.

Fucking belt out some big City chants from the off lads, get some life into these chants for fuck’s sake!

City are in no way responsible for any shit atmosphere we create, they're doing what they can to help, its generally having a small positive impact but there's only so much they can do.
Help, how? Of course the club are responsible for creating a shit atmosphere. The younger fans and tourists most probably appreciate the cheesy pre game light shows and Hugh Ferret and Natalie Pike prattling on about boring nonsense, but old school fans don't appreciate cheesy contrived American razzamatazz like drivel.

The club's 'match day experience' bollox drowns out and stifles any proper pre match excitement of songs and chants with opposition fans. It's getting worse as well.

Help, how? Of course the club are responsible for creating a shit atmosphere. The younger fans and tourists most probably appreciate the cheesy pre game light shows and Hugh Ferret and Natalie Pike prattling on about boring nonsense, but old school fans don't appreciate cheesy contrived American razzamatazz like drivel.

The club's 'match day experience ' bollox drowns out and stifles any proper pre match excitement of songs and chants with opposition fans. It's getting worse as well.
I was waking through City Sq pre-game and Pike was more excited about the light show than she was the game… ‘get to your seats ten minute before kick off for the light show, it’s going to be absolutely ABSOLUTELY [yes she said it twice] fantastic’.

You know what was ten times better than the light show? Showing City comebacks on the screens just as the team came out for the second half! That got me up for it and made me think ‘right, we can do this no problem, we’ve done it loads of times before’.

The light show just makes me think, ‘when will this finish?’

I was waking through City Sq pre-game and Pike was more excited about the light show than she was the game… ‘get to your seats ten minute before kick off for the light show, it’s going to be absolutely ABSOLUTELY [yes she said it twice] fantastic’.

You know what was ten times better than the light show? Showing City comebacks on the screens just as the team came out for the second half! That got me up for it and made me think ‘right, we can do this no problem, we’ve done it loads of times before’.

The light show just makes me think, ‘when will this finish?’
Maybe I'm a miserable sod but i much preferred it in the old days of Maine Road when many of us would be in the ground 20 minutes before the game creating our own match day experience, by singing City songs and winding the away fans up.

Follow follow is literally the perfect song for away games, but our home atmosphere is really starting to suffer now cause of that song. We've had chants like this before, such as the edin dzeko one, however I can't remember one that has singlehandedly killed an atmosphere in the way this one has. It's time to stop now lads

Follow follow is literally the perfect song for away games, but our home atmosphere is really starting to suffer now cause of that song. We've had chants like this before, such as the edin dzeko one, however I can't remember one that has singlehandedly killed an atmosphere in the way this one has. It's time to stop now lads
How is stopping singing a song going to improve the atmosphere? As long as its not about a tragedy we can get pulled over the coals about sing anything! People either join in or are free to start something else

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.