Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Well last night I can honestly say I've never heard so many different languages from people sat around me at the game, usual season ticket holders skint or unable to attend on a Thursday night, who knows and whilst it's fantastic we have all these new match going fans, they don't sing and spend most of the game filming it, whoever decided to make this game £70 in January is a complete wanker

Well last night I can honestly say I've never heard so many different languages from people sat around me at the game, usual season ticket holders skint or unable to attend on a Thursday night, who knows and whilst it's fantastic we have all these new match going fans, they don't sing and spend most of the game filming it, whoever decided to make this game £70 in January is a complete wanker
Three Spuds fans in front of me. What's that all about? Lad (20 ish), dad and grandad by the looks of it. They were ok but still the lad give it a 'yes' when they scored.

Pep's right the atmosphere is poor at the moment, BUT like you say, £70 on a January night isn't going to attract many 'old time' Blues. If they've got a few left over make it £30 to Seasoncard holders to buy an additional ticket.

Saw a tourist in an Arsenal shirt at the Brighton game sat in the Colin Bell.

I reckon we’ll hear it from our own fans, nothing like a good dose of irony, “Pep is right, OUR fans are shite”
For me this is one of the problems, It will be a small percentage of our and the away fans singing this and puts others off, we have 2 small singing sections who compete with each other and rarely jump on the back of each others chants.
Fans sing in the pubs and on the concourse get in at the last minute and lose their voice, the players have a part to do and I realise it's a balancing act and they don't want people running on the pitch but celebrate with the fans FFS.

I reckon we’ll hear it from our own fans, nothing like a good dose of irony, “Pep is right, OUR fans are shite”
That will be a good song to get going (in irony) pal. No reason why it cant catch on and be sang in unison from all stands. Plus it will help restore a bit of our unique humour we were renowned for throughout the bad times.

Our two singing sections are so out of sync, i join in and by the time i’m finished it’s a hybrid of 3 different chants thats come out. Desperately need our own end, it’s scandalous. 20 years we’ve been in this stadium.

SS1 Lower is a fucking away allocation.

Rather than calling out fans, Pep should pay a visit to the yuppy office goons who decided to charge £67 for an adult ticket today and give them a "talking to".

That for me is the root cause for last night's atmosphere.

Ticket prices plus stupid ko times and days, what's with us suddenly playing on Thursday ?

Which will probably mean a Sunday game and stupid ko time.

This rules me out, can only 'afford' Saturday 3pm ko

As my lad said '70 quid for spuds on a Thursday night ....nah'

Plus we only go in the south stand as we got fed up being surrounded by non City fans..

You could the SS Trying to get it going last night but the rest didnt follow. Second half much better

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.