Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Follow follow is literally the perfect song for away games, but our home atmosphere is really starting to suffer now cause of that song. We've had chants like this before, such as the edin dzeko one, however I can't remember one that has singlehandedly killed an atmosphere in the way this one has. It's time to stop now lads
It's a great song best we've had for years. If you don't like it start a different one?

It's a great song best we've had for years. If you don't like it start a different one?
"Best we've had for years", is that why only 1,500 people sing it at most. The problem isn't about getting the south stand singing, they already sing. The problem is that the rest of the ground don't sing enough.

People will argue with this point, but I can absolutely promise you, we will never see a stadium wide rendition of follow follow, in the way that we do with blue moon.

I just think it's a song that should be kept in the concourse or on away days, not one we should be singing when trying to give our team a home advantage

How is stopping singing a song going to improve the atmosphere? As long as its not about a tragedy we can get pulled over the coals about sing anything! People either join in or are free to start something else
Because its a song that only people in the south stand sing, however it seems to be 90% of what the south stand sing. So essentially the more time they spend singing follow follow, the less time is being spent leading the rest of the ground into a chorus of one of our club anthems.

Our singing section haven't got a fucking clue how to create an atmosphere at the Etihad and for the Etihad. They’ve got no idea that they’re the front man that the rest of the ground look to and wait for to join in with songs.

We have a great catalogue of both home chants and away chants that aren’t the same kind of chants. But the singing section only sing the away style chants at home.

We’ve got to get the big shouty City chants going to raise the atmosphere at home but they are just not there at all from the singing section. All they’re interested in is those clap along chants that from around the rest of the stadium people are straining their ears wondering ‘what are they singing’? But when the big shouty City chants get going you can hear them and can join in.
Spot on. How the fuck do they expect the home crowd to know the words to the songs that are sung on the away days? Keep it simple and stick to the classics

Because its a song that only people in the south stand sing, however it seems to be 90% of what the south stand sing. So essentially the more time they spend singing follow follow, the less time is being spent leading the rest of the ground into a chorus of one of our club anthems.
I'm in SS3 and its sung up there, but once again your free to start something else , demanding that people don't sing a song does not improve atmosphere however you package it . Shiit when I was a lad we were cheering corners best thing that happened all match when we got of those lol

Here's an idea. Don't charge £60-70 for a midweek ticket then City it takes two to tango ring up Soriano/Khaldoon in the morning and sort the pricing out simple. Luckily I got a ticket off a mate tonight do they not realise a lot of us are on the bones of our arse at the moment, help us out and we'll help you!!!!

Help, how? Of course the club are responsible for creating a shit atmosphere. The younger fans and tourists most probably appreciate the cheesy pre game light shows and Hugh Ferret and Natalie Pike prattling on about boring nonsense, but old school fans don't appreciate cheesy contrived American razzamatazz like drivel.

The club's 'match day experience' bollox drowns out and stifles any proper pre match excitement of songs and chants with opposition fans. It's getting worse as well.
Were you not there the times city tried it differently and had a complete cheese blackout pre match and it was completely and painfully dead everytime?

Like I said previously, I'm not the target audience for it, I'd prefer not to have it if I'm honest but it's noticeably louder after it compared to without it so it's working for some.

end of the day it's not stopping anybody from singing, spurs fans sang through it tonight so what stopped us making a noise? It's just another shitty blame passing excuse for most of our fans can't be arsed attitude.

Here's an idea. Don't charge £60-70 for a midweek ticket then City it takes two to tango ring up Soriano/Khaldoon in the morning and sort the pricing out simple. Luckily I got a ticket off a mate tonight do they not realise a lot of us are on the bones of our arse at the moment, help us out and we'll help you!!!!
Or maybe if season ticket holders didn't pick and chose their games. Ooohhh it's a bit cold tonight I don't fancy it and it's dark. Pathetic.

I'm in SS3 and its sung up there, but once again your free to start something else , demanding that people don't sing a song does not improve atmosphere however you package it . Shiit when I was a lad we were cheering corners best thing that happened all match when we got of those lol
I do start other chants, but people are too busy singing follow follow to care.

I just think we need to acknowledge that some songs are more likely to travel round the stadium than others, and I would put follow follow in the category of Highly Unlikely to travel round the stadium.

So obviously SS1 and apparently SS3 will have a decent atmosphere by singing follow follow all game, however this causes the atmosphere in the rest of the ground to suffer as there is no one starting chants like bluemoon and mcfc ok which will travel round the ground more often than not

Were you not there the times city tried it differently and had a complete cheese blackout pre match and it was completely and painfully dead everytime?

Like I said previously, I'm not the target audience for it, I'd prefer not to have it if I'm honest but it's noticeably louder after it compared to without it so it's working for some.

end of the day it's not stopping anybody from singing, spurs fans sang through it tonight so what stopped us making a noise? It's just another shitty blame passing excuse for most of our fans can't be arsed attitude.
I've been going since mid 70s of the bad times and the good pal. Our home match support hasn't always been good but dead every time?, C'mon. Maybe in the corporate suites but certainly not on the terraces.

You say it hasn't stopped anybody singing, you're right, but many vocal fans have been priced out of going, replaced by newbies tourists and corporates who don't know our songs or aren't interested in learning them and getting vocal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.