Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

The younger fans. I’m talking about people in the 21-30 age range have been priced out of attending matches regularly. Look around the ground at a premier league match - most people are 50 or above.
Sorry, but this is just not correct at all. If you compare the general age range of fans at City to most other Premiership clubs, it is almost identical. The overall atmosphere at City compared to other premiership clubs is dire, and more especially when compared to the level of success that we have seen, not only since Pep arrived but with Manchini and Pellegrini as well. A good chunk of City fans have very short memories and without a single shadow of doubt, there is an over-riding atmosphere of complacency at the Etihad, with fans and some of the players as well. Good on Pep for calling this out. Let's also remember that this is not the first time Pep has had to call out the fans on providing a dire atmosphere. I cannot remember many other managers ever having to come out and ask for the fans to up their game - with the exception of Delia of course, on her drunk rant all those years ago

Getting home at 1am only to be labelled as shit fans. Cheers.

To be honest I only went last night as a friend let me have his spare season ticket. It was the first league game I was going to miss this season as I wasn't prepared to pay £70 plus all my other additional costs for the privilege.

The atmosphere is always better when there's a sense of jeopardy. I think a lot of our atmosphere now is reactionary and not pro-active. When the lads came out the second half it's clear they'd had a dressing down and came out and played as though they'd had a much needed rocket up their arse. No coincidence the crowd noticed, were receptive to that and consequently the atmosphere improved.

It's inevitable some complacency and expectancy sets in when you've steamrolled teams in recent years. We've gone from that to the 70% possession based game and barely passing it forward. It certainly doesn't help. One shot on target a game isn't going to excite anybody.

It's amazing how effective it was just going route one last night and using Haaland as a target man with the quality of the likes of Alvarez picking up the pieces. I'm not saying we should be doing that all the time but it gives the opposition something else to think about. Not the easy to defend slow build up play and giving them the time to get organised and stick 10 men behind the ball.

Atmosphere was quite good second half and honestly didn't hear any booing in the 3rd tier of the East Stand. Pep's comments regarding the fans came as bit of a surprise.

Sorry, but this is just not correct at all. If you compare the general age range of fans at City to most other Premiership clubs, it is almost identical. The overall atmosphere at City compared to other premiership clubs is dire, and more especially when compared to the level of success that we have seen, not only since Pep arrived but with Manchini and Pellegrini as well. A good chunk of City fans have very short memories and without a single shadow of doubt, there is an over-riding atmosphere of complacency at the Etihad, with fans and some of the players as well. Good on Pep for calling this out. Let's also remember that this is not the first time Pep has had to call out the fans on providing a dire atmosphere. I cannot remember many other managers ever having to come out and ask for the fans to up their game - with the exception of Delia of course, on her drunk rant all those years ago
Pep's in a much better place than most managers. Imagine Frank Lampard calling out the Everton fans, that won't work will it?

It does tend to be that way I think. As a fan base these days we generally need something to happen to generate that atmosphere we want.
You're absolutely right, but this does not happen at most other premiership clubs. The city fan base are generally complacent and should absolutely not have to wait for something to happen in the game to generate a good atmosphere. It should be rocking from kick off and even if we go a goal or two down, then that is the moment to up the atmosphere. Yesterday, during the first half, had the general atmosphere of a game of Bowls at the local village green.

How is that not correct at all. Im not disagreeing with you. I was talking specifically about city - the average age of our crowd is about 50+ and most younger people don’t attend matches.

I agree that’s the same across the rest of premier league football.

Not the fans the team are to blame . called this a couple of months ago. We need at least 4 forwards at home and less back passing and going side to side. Also speed it up when we do no team can stay with us .,....

The match going fan or types are evolving, much the way society has.

The light show before the game and a number of people enjoy that and record on their phones. Last night a few around me recorded and took photos the entire 1st half. A generation of social media.

Other than Brentford I don’t see many stadiums any different to the Etihad. People just need to enjoy the game in whatever format they want.

The away fans need moving:-AwayFans.jpg
Close off the pavement on the A662 and march the away fans to the purple area. Currently they split our main core support and get prime coverage on TV.

Put them in the West corner of the South Stand, Levels 1,2 & 3 if required. Barricading that part of the footpath should be easy enough to do during a season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.