Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

The biggest joke for me on here is that we posters who are sitting in their armchairs at home watching the game and criticising match going fans for not getting behind the team and supporting them! If you don’t go to the match because: You can’t afford it / in hospital / the ticket office fucked up / it’s to cold / the traffic was bad / your dog just died then bad luck. I feel for you. But please don’t have the audacity to feel you are in a position to moralise and moan to fans who actually did pay £70 for a ticket and made the effort to go and support the team on a freezing cold, Thursday night. You really are taking the piss.

So that stops people singing, stop making excuses, just accept at times our support at home is embarrassing and it's got fuck all to do with light shows or corporate etc, I stand in South stand level one and there are LOADS who don't sing, young working class lads, so why don't they ???

correct, stop making excuses and just sing, if city are two nil down and its cold and you are irritated at ticet prices you can still sing. Ffs there are enough singers in the stadium.

Booing was mainly for the ref, he was unfair and we already had built up anger after that pratt at the swamp with the offside goal. shithouse tv & radio pundits jumped on the back of boo the team, it wasnt.

the atmosphere isnt the worse in the prem by a long way, it isnt dire at all. Im not saying it is at the level that i would like it to be, but for those who want to make nosie and be in with the noise get in kippax corner or 114 / 115 / 116 / 117. It is a different day out in there.

Question, if ticket prices and tourists effect the atmosphere why was it poor atmosphere in the first half yet second half mad crazy and loud with people stood on seats ? It was the same fans 1st half and second half.

The away fans need moving:-View attachment 66556
Close off the pavement on the A662 and march the away fans to the purple area. Currently they split our main core support and get prime coverage on TV.

Put them in the West corner of the South Stand, Levels 1,2 & 3 if required. Barricading that part of the footpath should be easy enough to do during a season.

agree 100%

it has been put to the club.

reply was the police want the easy in and out to walk the fans in. So it wont change. It must be the best stadium in the country for control of away fans, coaches being right where the entrance is. Is there another stadium like this ?

on another note, no doubt the stones on the rough car park are the ones away fans bring in to the stadium to put in plastic bottles. Shame we cant do the obvious with away fans once they are in the stadium to prevent more fans being hurt.

Close off the pavement on the A662 and march the away fans to the purple area. Currently they split our main core support and get prime coverage on TV.

Put them in the West corner of the South Stand, Levels 1,2 & 3 if required. Barricading that part of the footpath should be easy enough to do during a season.

Why does this nonsense get repeated. Guess why there is noise either side of the away fans…. Because of the away fans. Operation one end never works, we’ve had the bottom two tiers for the cup games and hasn’t made a jot of difference. The singers and atmosphere will follow the away fans

correct, stop making excuses and just sing, if city are two nil down and its cold and you are irritated at ticet prices you can still sing. Ffs there are enough singers in the stadium.

Booing was mainly for the ref, he was unfair and we already had built up anger after that pratt at the swamp with the offside goal. shithouse tv & radio pundits jumped on the back of boo the team, it wasnt.

the atmosphere isnt the worse in the prem by a long way, it isnt dire at all. Im not saying it is at the level that i would like it to be, but for those who want to make nosie and be in with the noise get in kippax corner or 114 / 115 / 116 / 117. It is a different day out in there.

Question, if ticket prices and tourists effect the atmosphere why was it poor atmosphere in the first half yet second half mad crazy and loud with people stood on seats ? It was the same fans 1st half and second half.

Put the away support on the top tier, if they act up they get banned.

What a load of crap. There is a very good reason why we do it the way we do. Easy access and egress for away fans, no ‘marching‘ through City fans. Segregated at all times. If you are worried about splitting our support then move ‘Kippax’ corner.

The biggest joke for me on here is that we posters who are sitting in their armchairs at home watching the game and criticising match going fans for not getting behind the team and supporting them! If you don’t go to the match because: You can’t afford it / in hospital / the ticket office fucked up / it’s to cold / the traffic was bad / your dog just died then bad luck. I feel for you. But please don’t have the audacity to feel you are in a position to moralise and moan to fans on a freezing cold, Thursday night. You really are taking the piss.

Plenty of the posters on here that complain about atmosphere do go regularly. Lots of the people that have been priced out went regularly as well. They are entitled to their opinion. Our manager thinks the same apparently.

who actually did pay £70 for a ticket and made the effort to go and support the team
Basically you were in the fortunate position to be able to afford the tickets. Plenty of others aren’t as fortunate as you - they aren’t lazy or don’t make effort either.

There have been some really good points made on this thread so far.

I don't know why we do so much soul searching about crowd behaviour. Times have changed, habits and behaviour have changed not just at City but at the majority of clubs. The biggest problem we have is we moved from a football stadium to an Athletics stadium designed for the summer. Most of the sound waves go straight to the moon before hitting anything. That's my theory anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.