Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

People can’t hear SS1 mostly. The sound just doesn’t travel. Up in SS3 near the front, I can’t hear it at all. When the stand up for the champions chant was started in SS3 by what is probably no more than 30/40 people, everyone joined in around the ground. As said elsewhere, it would make more sense for the singers to be in SS3 but the club missed a trick there so too late.

Much better today. It wasn’t the most exciting edge of your seat game but it was good on the whole.
You can’t hear SSL1 from SSL3, but you can from everywhere else in the stadium (I have sat in CBL3, CBL1, NSL1 this season). There are no excuses other than that fans in those stands can’t be arsed.

Yes it gets louder when SSL3 sings (because there are more fans there), but it’s still loud from our section. It’s just a choice not to join in.

People can’t hear SS1 mostly. The sound just doesn’t travel. Up in SS3 near the front, I can’t hear it at all. When the stand up for the champions chant was started in SS3 by what is probably no more than 30/40 people, everyone joined in around the ground. As said elsewhere, it would make more sense for the singers to be in SS3 but the club missed a trick there so too late.

Much better today. It wasn’t the most exciting edge of your seat game but it was good on the whole.
I used to sit at the other end of the ground and you could SSL1 as clear as day. If people don't want to join in or start something themselves that's fine but they shouldn't moan about it.

A few nice moments today where a few chants travelled all around the stadium the blue moon first half was great and loudest I've heard that John stones chant

You can’t hear SSL1 from SSL3, but you can from everywhere else in the stadium (I have sat in CBL3, CBL1, NSL1 this season). There are no excuses other than that fans in those stands can’t be arsed.

Yes it gets louder when SSL3 sings (because there are more fans there), but it’s still loud from our section. It’s just a choice not to join in.
Yeah perhaps. Still think the club missed a trick. I’ve been in SS1 before in cup games and I couldn’t believe how many don’t join in in that stand. The club messed up when they opened the stadium and when SS3 was built for me.

Not if the away fans are singing or/and our fans in SSL3. If either of the other two are singing at the same time as SSL1 or all three of those are singing at the same time, SSL1 are the least audible of the three to the rest of the ground.

Atmosphere was good today anyway. Plenty of people around the ground joined in with plenty of chants.

It’s not about not being arsed. The crowd just won’t join in with the 100 mph clapclapclapathons. They join in with the slower, hands in the air type songs. The very first song from SS1 was Empty Seats. To be fair they were better for most of the half. Much of the second half was “Follow Follow”. There was a moment after one of our goals when everyone was chanting City but you could see the south stand clapping furiously to something. Whenever a City song that didn’t have clapping in was started it spread but most of those came from other areas.

Overall I thought it was much better today for a lowish key game with an earlish kickoff.

I smiled to myself when SS1 were clapping along to their Follow Follow for ages and the upper tier drowned them out with “Best Team in the Land” and the whole ground joined in.

Agree, better today all round.
You really are an odd character Dave. Hopefully next game the South Stand can fit a chorus of "One Didsbury Dave" in between Follow and Edin Dzeko

Reactions: PPT
You really are an odd character Dave. Hopefully next game the South Stand can fit a chorus of "One Didsbury Dave" in between Follow and Edin Dzeko
My regular atmosphere reviews are eagerly awaited by thousands and represent an integral part of the club’s future. I suspect Soriano knows that too. I’m happy to represent the fans at any future meetings about this. It would be a wasted opportunity not to take me up on this.

My regular atmosphere reviews are eagerly awaited by thousands and represent an integral part of the club’s future. I suspect Soriano knows that too. I’m happy to represent the fans at any future meetings about this. It would be a wasted opportunity not to take me up on this.
You're definitely the go to atmosphere guy Dids (not) Dave (also not)

Did Wolves sing more than one song today?

Why the fuck are you still here? 3 nil to the Library

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.