Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

There were some fans who didn’t stand up when we scored yesterday. To be fair though I think for some that is an age thing.

As far as the song list goes, I strongly echo calls for the reinstatement of CTID!

Just the blacklist.

Follow Follow
Empty Seats
Edin Dkeko

They are fine away, just not at home four times on the trot straight after the kick off, straight after a goal or when the team needs roaring on.

I hope that's clear. As you were.

Don’t take it personally Dave, as I was only joking. I get your point. But once again, said anthems were sung, yet 3/4’s of the ground still didn’t join in. Let’s be honest.

As a rule 3/4’s of the ground can’t be arsed singing. It’s left mainly to parts of SSL1, and at times, parts of blocks 111 & 110. Apologies to those of you in SL3 as I can’t hear you singing under the L2 overhang. If SSL1 and blocks 111 and 110 don’t sing, the Etihad is quiet. Fact.

Don’t take it personally Dave, as I was only joking. I get your point. But once again, said anthems were sung, yet 3/4’s of the ground still didn’t join in. Let’s be honest.

As a rule 3/4’s of the ground can’t be arsed singing. It’s left mainly to parts of SSL1, and at times, parts of blocks 111 & 110. Apologies to those of you in SL3 as I can’t hear you singing under the L2 overhang. If SSL1 and blocks 111 and 110 don’t sing, the Etihad is quiet. Fact.
We are the other way, we can't hear ss1 up in 3, it's crazy how the away fans manage it, I think we are all old and going deaf

We are the other way, we can't hear ss1 up in 3, it's crazy how the away fans manage it, I think we are all old and going deaf

I’ve got Tinnitus in my left ear, and it’s now also blocked with ear wax. I can hear f*ck all in my left ear. No wonder I thought it sounded quiet yesterday at times. :-)

On a serious note. Even though I do discuss the atmosphere issue on here, I don’t beat myself up about it anymore. It‘s what it is. The atmosphere will ebb and flow depending on the opposition, the teams performance, goals, incidents, refereeing decisions, the away fans, etc. I can hold out for another 3 years in the hope the proposed expanded North stand and a proper home end will make a beneficial and lasting difference to the atmosphere at the Etihad.

TBH, we can’t hear the away fans in L2 and L3. Even in L1 the away fans don’t always sound loud. The Etihad really is a strange stadium for acoustics and sound.

Just to dd to what Manchester33 has clarified.

1894 have constantly asked City fans on here and on other social media platforms to help us with displays and waving the flags. There has been some help, but nowhere near enough. When 1894 have had help and handed out 2 sticks and flags, they’ve been stolen by some of the City fans who have helped us.

Need drums to make a noise and to piss everyone of that then in turn make noise

I don't take it personally, I'm having a laugh.

Loads of songs got the whole ground singing on Sunday and there was an increase in noise all around. The songs will never all go around. It was a good atmosphere overall.

This is why I get defensive about the c.b.a.'s on here calling out SSL1.

When the South Stand was expanded and Block 115 became available to City fans the 1894 group put a thread on here to help fans to move there. Fans who wanted to create noise. I think it might have been Manchester33.

Me and my mates moved with the help of 1894 to 115. Nine of moved from different parts of the ground. The atmosphere is mint and we have a great laugh especially with the new bar right behind us. Where you can actually get served!

I wonder how many people who moan about the atmosphere bothered to contact 1894 to move at time? I'm guessing not many.

This is why I get defensive about the c.b.a.'s on here calling out SSL1.

When the South Stand was expanded and Block 115 became available to City fans the 1894 group put a thread on here to help fans to move there. Fans who wanted to create noise. I think it might have been Manchester33.

Me and my mates moved with the help of 1894 to 115. Nine of moved from different parts of the ground. The atmosphere is mint and we have a great laugh especially with the new bar right behind us. Where you can actually get served!

I wonder how many people who moan about the atmosphere bothered to contact 1894 to move at time? I'm guessing not many.
That new bar really has changed the pre match / half time pint experience. Really good from the club to do that and makes a big difference to last season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.