Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Got to say I was listening on the radio yesterday and in general the atmosphere sounded quite good, like we were actually making an effort.
In balance, I'm normally there so can't compare with other games ont radio, but no one can complain about the support yesterday. ( I do normally, sit in CB moaning at people to get off their arses and get behind them, lets face it a lot of folk are just too complacent now)

That new bar really has changed the pre match / half time pint experience. Really good from the club to do that and makes a big difference to last season.
We use it after the match as well. Although the stewards can behave like dicks sometimes

I don't take it personally, I'm having a laugh.

Loads of songs got the whole ground singing on Sunday and there was an increase in noise all around. The songs will never all go around. It was a good atmosphere overall.
Big one on Friday. I’m kicking off the Dzeko song in 109 from minute one, followed by a rendition of follow, follow, follow.

Nice one mate. Thanks for the reply and indeed all your hard work. Shame about the stewards - seems to be happening more and more this season.

Do you get a good vibe from the club in your dialogue with them?
The people we deal with at City are great. They genuinely want a better atmosphere. I think the hierarchy/security put a stop to a lot of the things they'd like to do/try though.

The new COO (I forget his name, but the Dutch guy) is implementing some processes that change the focus of some projects from financial ideas, to (for want of a better word) 'experience' lead. So for example, the North Stand extension will be focussed on improving the atmosphere and offering fans a better match day experience, they might make corporate sections elsewhere, but not there because they aren't worrying about the bottom line. That's a big change.

I’ve got Tinnitus in my left ear, and it’s now also blocked with ear wax. I can hear f*ck all in my left ear.

I can hold out for another 3 years in the hope the proposed expanded North stand and a proper home end will make a beneficial and lasting difference to the atmosphere
Or you could invest in some sodium bicarbonate jrb...
And then a water ear syringe, works for me, though won't connect L1&L3..!

Reactions: jrb
M.E.N has reviewed yesterday's atmosphere - think this hits the nail on the head.

Works can still be done, and Guardiola may still want more encouragement during those lulls. From the stands and on the pitch, though, it was clear Guardiola's message was heard loud and clear. And there was a deliberate reaction from everyone who heard Guardiola's pleas.

We are the other way, we can't hear ss1 up in 3, it's crazy how the away fans manage it, I think we are all old and going deaf
You can vaguely make out something from SS1 but yesterday there were times I could hear about 3 different city chants being sang simultaneously around the South Stand. Tended to join in with whichever was the loudest.

Presumably the away fans manage it because they are concentrated above one another and therefore sing in unison. Not everybody in the South Stand sing and there tends to be pockets of singers spread out in different areas of the stand.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.