Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

TBF I do bang on about the Rags too much, but they seem to be working with their fans to create a better atmosphere at Old Trafford. Maybe that’s just to placate them and to get them onside a bit?

It’s the 23rd of Jan and the proposals for the North stand expansion still haven’t been made public yet. It will be interesting to see the seating layout of the expanded North stand, and if it contains any corporate sections or not, given the current private/corporate boxes at the back of L2 will have to go, as you say.
Nowt wrong with that. United fans have properly sorted themselves out.

I think they’ve also forced the club to put an end to their away allocations being syphoned off to nobodies (like what happens with ours) and their full allocation at away games is now all proper United fans who have to enter through the proper channels.

Reactions: jrb
A number of people were going for their half-time pint on Sunday and it hadn't even reached 30 mins on the clock. I really don't get it. It's like the football gets in the way of the beer.

Brentford/Everton games and with the game in the balance, knowing full well there'll be over 10 mins added on at the end and just after we'd had a late winner against Fulham it still doesn't stop large number of people leaving on 80 mins. There are games I bet some only see about 50 mins of football.
Two blokes next to me in 115 and they go about 25/30 mins and come back normally around 60 minutes. Really nice blokes and a right good laugh, but they dont see much of the game.

Etihad atmosphere in support of City? - I'm from across the pond - so I'm pretty sure that this analogy will escape most Citizens. But here goes...

Etihad support for City reminds me exactly of Los Angeles support for their home American football sides - quiet as a graveyard mostly.
What?

It's sometimes quiet, sometimes good and sometimes great, like every other club in the premier league. It depends on the improtance of the game and what's happening on the field. Reading this thread will totally skew your perception because people are always clamouring for more.

A number of people were going for their half-time pint on Sunday and it hadn't even reached 30 mins on the clock. I really don't get it. It's like the football gets in the way of the beer.

Brentford/Everton games and with the game in the balance, knowing full well there'll be over 10 mins added on at the end and just after we'd had a late winner against Fulham it still doesn't stop large number of people leaving on 80 mins. There are games I bet some only see about 50 mins of football.

yes beats me to, going to get to the bar on 34 mins and i dare say some of them will be the ones that come in to the block after game has started

Two blokes next to me in 115 and they go about 25/30 mins and come back normally around 60 minutes. Really nice blokes and a right good laugh, but they dont see much of the game.
So they didn't see any of the goals on Sunday? If I was that indifferent to what's going on on the pitch I wouldn't bother going. Not saying they aren't great blokes but it's not really great support.

Each time I go to the Etihad it's about 7-8 hours out of my day so I want to see the whole game. Step-dad used to tell me off for even reading a matchday programme whilst the game was on so maybe I have a skewed opinion. Even so, if I went to the effort of going to watch a local Sunday league match I'd try and go for the duration or I'd see it as a waste of time.

Brentford/Everton games and with the game in the balance, knowing full well there'll be over 10 mins added on at the end and just after we'd had a late winner against Fulham it still doesn't stop large numbers of people leaving on 80 mins. There are games I bet some only see about 50 mins of football.
Nobody saw 50 mins of football against Everton

I agree but if it was possible to get a pint and drink it at half time, people wouldn't have to leave their seats early.

Club would make more money, people would he able to have a drink, everyone wins.

Nobody saw 50 mins of football against Everton
That game was an embarrassment. Should have been about 20+ minutes added on at the end. Even the officials joined in with about 8 mins time wasting fucking about with his earpiece. Pickford arguing at decisions on the half way line....why remind me?!! hahaha

How about having a brass band perhaps in Parts of the ground?
Southampton had it tonight, that would increase the noise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.