Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Early leavers was worse than ever seems like everyone was trying to get back to pub for Arsenal game
Conversations around early leavers has been going on for years and whilst I understand some people leaving early for an 8.00pm ko midweek especially if they have kids or they have to catch the last train back, I have never understood the rush for an early Saturday or Sunday ko. Funny how when we are lifting a trophy nobody leaves so what are the real reasons. I know the game was won on Sunday by 75 minutes but the amount of people streaming out at that point was mad. 15 minutes plus injury time to go, nearly 20 mins left. People moan about the prices but then leave five minutes early at half time, come back five minutes late and then leave 15 early so miss a quarter or more of the game. I know the transport system around the ground is shit, I know getting out of car parks isn't fun but surely the reason people leave isn't to get home 20 minutes earlier at 4.00 on a Sunday.

Etihad atmosphere in support of City? - I'm from across the pond - so I'm pretty sure that this analogy will escape most Citizens. But here goes...

Etihad support for City reminds me exactly of Los Angeles support for their home American football sides - quiet as a graveyard mostly.
Have you tried the swamp ?

Reactions: PPT
I was given two tickets for Legends after the club fucked up some tickets for us a few years back.

The food was very good, the 'Legends' OK but nothing special for me, and the lad was too young to have a clue who they were.

Most people watched the first half but quickly disappeared at half time for coffee and cakes.

We were joined by about six others back in the seats to watch the second half. The rest just stayed in the restaurant drinking.

Never again. Not even another freebie. I'd give it away to charity. It was dire and I wouldn't recommend it to any real fan. If the club wants TV to show occupied seats, they should relocate Legends and the rest of the hospitality to the back rows of CB3 ASAP.
Your right about fans returning late after half time, stadium is third empty when they kick off ,looks like Wembly with that corporate section.

Etihad atmosphere in support of City? - I'm from across the pond - so I'm pretty sure that this analogy will escape most Citizens. But here goes...

Etihad support for City reminds me exactly of Los Angeles support for their home American football sides - quiet as a graveyard mostly.
Most home support is the same.

Try SUPPORTING another club

Conversations around early leavers has been going on for years and whilst I understand some people leaving early for an 8.00pm ko midweek especially if they have kids or they have to catch the last train back, I have never understood the rush for an early Saturday or Sunday ko. Funny how when we are lifting a trophy nobody leaves so what are the real reasons. I know the game was won on Sunday by 75 minutes but the amount of people streaming out at that point was mad. 15 minutes plus injury time to go, nearly 20 mins left. People moan about the prices but then leave five minutes early at half time, come back five minutes late and then leave 15 early so miss a quarter or more of the game. I know the transport system around the ground is shit, I know getting out of car parks isn't fun but surely the reason people leave isn't to get home 20 minutes earlier at 4.00 on a Sunday.
Totally agree. If you left 15 mins early for every home game you’d be missing about the equivalent of 3 home games. Madness.

My Wolves fan mate was in their end and said that City fans were loud. Hats off he said. Definitely an improvement from my view also particularly for a game we should win. Let's keep the energy going, Pep confirmed that the players feed off it.
Let me guess, you're in SSL3 and he was in the bottom tier?

subway-army-jpg.66913
wolves fan.jpg

A number of people were going for their half-time pint on Sunday and it hadn't even reached 30 mins on the clock. I really don't get it. It's like the football gets in the way of the beer.

Brentford/Everton games and with the game in the balance, knowing full well there'll be over 10 mins added on at the end and just after we'd had a late winner against Fulham it still doesn't stop large numbers of people leaving on 80 mins. There are games I bet some only see about 50 mins of football.

Last edited:
A number of people were going for their half-time pint on Sunday and it hadn't even reached 30 mins on the clock. I really don't get it. It's like the football gets in the way of the beer.

Brentford/Everton games and with the game in the balance, knowing full well there'll be over 10 mins added on at the end and just after we'd had a late winner against Fulham it still doesn't stop large number of people leaving on 80 mins. There are games I bet some only see about 50 mins of football.
I have often thought to myself that a £100 a month seasoncard to tell the missus you're going to the football rather than on the piss is an expensive way to have a night out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.