Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

On the subject of flags, those hanging over the East and Colin Bell stands have been there for years and look tired and frankly a bit shit. Replacing those would be an opportunity to give the place a bit more fan led character.

Agree fully it would be better if they’d never put in the soulless digital hoardings, but we’ll never come close to winning that one.

Etihad atmosphere in support of City? - I'm from across the pond - so I'm pretty sure that this analogy will escape most Citizens. But here goes...

Etihad support for City reminds me exactly of Los Angeles support for their home American football sides - quiet as a graveyard mostly.

Last edited:
Etihad atmosphere in support of City - I'm from across the pond - so I'm pretty sure that this analogy will escape most Citizens. But here goes...

Etihad support for City reminds me exactly of Los Angeles support for their home American football sides - quiet as a graveyard mostly.

I’ve got my new sign and am going to get those around me joining in my new: GO CITY GO song, to try and improve your viewing experience.

fee8d506878e531c336b783b65a79370.jpg

Getting rid of the flags and banners on L2 was one of the most bizarre decisions by the club. Not sure what money they gain from displaying the flags digitally and you can hardly read them. The flags on L2 were a synonymous with the Etihad and I'd often find myself drifting off from the game and admiring all the flags. Here's some pictures to jog the memory.

etihad-shorthand-750x422.jpeg

Man-City-v-QPR-013.jpg

JS44485137.jpg

JS44485142.jpg

Getting rid of the flags and banners on L2 was one of the most bizarre decisions by the club. Not sure what money they gain from displaying the flags digitally and you can hardly read them. The flags on L2 were a synonymous with the Etihad and I'd often find myself drifting off from the game and admiring all the flags. Here's some pictures to jog the memory.

Man-City-v-QPR-013.jpg

JS44485137.jpg

JS44485142.jpg
Absolutely agree. It was a fans vs money decision

Remember the support and flags on Level 2?

They, the club, say the screens will “enhance the matchday experience for fans inside the stadium.”

View attachment 66875

Bosses at the multi-millionaire’s multi-millionaire club slowly eradicating any signs that real fans exist at Etihad Stadium
One of City's biggest crimes against the fans, getting rid of home made banners. They always look good.

Man-City-v-QPR-013.jpg

JS44485137.jpg

JS44485142.jpg

Looked brilliant

Man-City-v-QPR-013.jpg

JS44485137.jpg

JS44485142.jpg

Those digital flags make me cringe every time I see them. Such a cynical half arsed money grab by the club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.