Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

It’s a massive task fraught with costs and difficulties that will never be implemented in my opinion. It was difficult enough getting 50,000 into a stadium with their phones let alone having them scan them on the way out when everyone’s running for buses etc. We had to have marquees set up for help, extra staff around turnstiles,
. the phone lines were blocked for weeks Etc. Whilst I appreciate you being creative there’s no chance of anything like this ever happening mate. It’s all headache and no return.
I agree that in practice it's not going to be implemented. I don't think the club care about early leavers enough to justify the outlay, but from a technical and logistical perspective there's no reason why it couldn't happen and I do think it would mean more people staying until the end of the games.

Just to clarify, the system wouldn't be related to turnstiles in any way. The club would have to use something like the 'get me there scanner' (picture attached) that Metrolink uses. They could have hundreds dotted around the stadium/concourse that scan a QR code on your phone (literally takes 1 second to do). They are only active until 30 mins before KO and 5 minutes after FT.

It would be a completely voluntary exercise, so anyone in a rush/disinterested doesn't have to interact in any way, it would make no difference to their match day experience.

There's also an argument to say, after the initial outlay, this could generate money in the long term - fans in and around the stadium spend more money. This scheme would encourage more fans to get in early who'll buy food/drink/merchandise (which means they can sublet the catering facilities for a higher fee moving forward).

Anyway, it's just an idea of what we COULD do, but completely agree, the club wouldn't do it because it's not a high enough priority.

Attachments

• getmetherereader2.jpg
    getmetherereader2.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 12
I agree that in practice it's not going to be implemented. I don't think the club care about early leavers enough to justify the outlay, but from a technical and logistical perspective there's no reason why it couldn't happen and I do think it would mean more people staying until the end of the games.

Just to clarify, the system wouldn't be related to turnstiles in any way. The club would have to use something like the 'get me there scanner' (picture attached) that Metrolink uses. They could have hundreds dotted around the stadium/concourse that scan a QR code on your phone (literally takes 1 second to do). They are only active until 30 mins before KO and 5 minutes after FT.

It would be a completely voluntary exercise, so anyone in a rush/disinterested doesn't have to interact in any way, it would make no difference to their match day experience.

There's also an argument to say, after the initial outlay, this could generate money in the long term - fans in and around the stadium spend more money. This scheme would encourage more fans to get in early who'll buy food/drink/merchandise (which means they can sublet the catering facilities for a higher fee moving forward).

Anyway, it's just an idea of what we COULD do, but completely agree, the club wouldn't do it because it's not a high enough priority.
Can you scan me out please?

There were around 20 fellas in SS3 bar 15 mins into 2nd half on Sunday. Missed two goals and probably all three.
It's weird isn't it, you pay for a ticket or a season ticket, and you want to stay downstairs have a pint. Why not miss out the middle man and stay in the pub.

It's weird isn't it, you pay for a ticket or a season ticket, and you want to stay downstairs have a pint. Why not miss out the middle man and stay in the pub.

You won’t get tickets for Old Trafford by doing that. Where incidentally the bar was about six deep 15 minutes before half time. I guess people are different.

It's very odd indeed. Those arriving late to their seats for kick off, those leaving for the 30 minute pint, those arriving late for the second half and those leaving early before full time or a combination of the lot. Don't get their indifference they can't be that interested in the football. The tourists get moaned about on here but I don't think they are the one's doing it.

Last edited:
It's very odd indeed. Those arriving late to their seats for kick off, those leaving for the 30 minute pint, those arriving late for the second half and those leaving early before full time or a combination of the lot. Don't get the indifference and can't be that interested in the football. The tourists get moaned about on here but I don't think they are the one's doing it.
Drives me mad at the game up and down like a fiddlers elbow, craning your neck to see.

I scan in and out at the start and end of my shift on work. That's enough scanning for me, bar scanning to get into the Etihad.

Whilst we're on the subject of missing parts of the game.

I missed all 3 goals on Sunday. Lol! (f*cking nob jrb!!) Due to getting a pint before half-time and drinking it slowly afterwards, into the 2nd half.

Not drinking on Friday night. ;-)

It's very odd indeed. Those arriving late to their seats for kick off, those leaving for the 30 minute pint, those arriving late for the second half and those leaving early before full time or a combination of the lot. Don't get the indifference and can't be that interested in the football. The tourists get moaned about on here but I don't think they are the one's doing it.
No, a guy on my row has been watching an hour of football maximum every game since we moved into the new ground. Obviously an alcy

With nearly 8000 Gooners coming it’s going to seem like a home game for their team. Their fans have seemingly found their voices this season, they’ll be making plenty of noise. It’s for top games like this why we need a proper singing section. Hopefully we’ll see the fans coming out of their shell and comfort zone and give plenty of support for Pep and the team.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.