Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

The games not over when people are leaving on or before the 80th minute and there's 10+ minutes stoppage time. Brentford and Everton were 5 dropped points.
Less left early in the Fulham game and we got a late winner. Can't be inspiring looking into the stands and seeing people leaving with 20 minutes left.
It always gets exaggerated like this on here. If a game is done and dusted you might get odd people leaving between 80 and 85 minutes but in the main people only really leave in any numbers in the last couple of minutes. That’s because it’s a nightmare to get away if you get caught in a bottleneck.

You can’t do that mate. For a start the vast majority of those leaving early now won’t be bothered about points anyway. For a second it’s impossible to stop abuse. For a third you can’t discriminate against people with disabilities and genuine reasons for leaving early. Also and much more significantly you’d have to build in a whole new layer of technology and crowd control and that’s never ever going to happen for such a trivial issue.

I really don’t see why people get so upset about it to be honest. The support matters during a game, not when it’s over or effectively over.
Trying to answer your points:

1 (fans not bothered about points): maybe, but if not there are other ideas, maybe half price beer at the next game, discount on your season ticket etc.

2 (impossible to stop abuse): not sure why it would be impossible (and would hardly need to be policed overzealously). Tickets are linked to phones now, so don’t think you’d get one lad scanning all his mates tickets long after they’d gone.

3 (discriminated against those with disability/valid reason to leave early): there can’t be loads of people in that position. Just give them the points if they have a valid medical reason (or better yet, make attending football more accessible for them so they can watch a full game).

4 (technology/crowd control): in theory (as someone who works in software), it wouldn’t be incredibly difficult to code something. Similar scanning terminals and infrastructure already exists like on the Met. The club may not want to invest into the idea, but I do think it would keep more fans in the ground. Depends how much they value that?

Seems like a punishment to me….you’ve got 20 more points than me just because you got there on time.
Your psychology is weird. Someone else being rewarded doesn’t mean you’re being punished?

If you’re late because of traffic every game then you should set off earlier. If it’s a one off then there’s an opportunity for you to receive rewards every other week? You could also stay till the end and earn a reward?

We aren’t. That’s confirmation bias. It happens everywhere, more in grounds with access problems.
Brentford in west london have a near full stadium at the end of every game giving the team a lap of honor. look how great it was when everyone stayed against Fulham the players loved it we cant tell people what to do but the facts are it looks sh*t when players clap to empty stands

Last edited:
That’s a weird leap, buddy.

You honestly think without exit doors and everyone having to scan out through turnstiles things would go smoothly? How many turnstiles are there at the bottom of each of the slopes, two is it?

It always gets exaggerated like this on here. If a game is done and dusted you might get odd people leaving between 80 and 85 minutes but in the main people only really leave in any numbers in the last couple of minutes. That’s because it’s a nightmare to get away if you get caught in a bottleneck.
Those games weren't done and dusted and it isn't an exaggeration mate. Large numbers headed for the exit on the 80th minute. I was there, I witnessed it with my own eyes. Some were even saying to those leaving 'where are you going? there's going to be 10 minutes added on' etc. It really is bizarre.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.