Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Trying to answer your points:

1 (fans not bothered about points): maybe, but if not there are other ideas, maybe half price beer at the next game, discount on your season ticket etc.

2 (impossible to stop abuse): not sure why it would be impossible (and would hardly need to be policed overzealously). Tickets are linked to phones now, so don’t think you’d get one lad scanning all his mates tickets long after they’d gone.

3 (discriminated against those with disability/valid reason to leave early): there can’t be loads of people in that position. Just give them the points if they have a valid medical reason (or better yet, make attending football more accessible for them so they can watch a full game).

4 (technology/crowd control): in theory (as someone who works in software), it wouldn’t be incredibly difficult to code something. Similar scanning terminals and infrastructure already exists like on the Met. The club may not want to invest into the idea, but I do think it would keep more fans in the ground. Depends how much they value that?
It’s a massive task fraught with costs and difficulties that will never be implemented in my opinion. It was difficult enough getting 50,000 into a stadium with their phones let alone having them scan them on the way out when everyone’s running for buses etc. We had to have marquees set up for help, extra staff around turnstiles,
. the phone lines were blocked for weeks Etc. Whilst I appreciate you being creative there’s no chance of anything like this ever happening mate. It’s all headache and no return.

Brentford in west london have a near full stadium at the end of every game giving the team a lap of honor. look how great it was when everyone stayed against Fulham the players loved it we cant tell people what to do but the facts are it looks sh*t when players clap to empty stands
That’s one team living their premier league dream and I’ve no idea whether it’s true or not because I only watch their high profile games, not their Wednesday night 0-0 against Aston Villa. One club doesn’t back up your point that we are the worst in the country.

It doesn’t “look shit” to me so that’s an opinion not a fact.

Who mentioned turnstiles?
Wherever you put them with 50-60,000 people leaving all at exactly the same minute it’s not possible. You’ve seen people arsing around trying to get their phone to beep or with paper tickets on the way in, and that’s with a crowd staggered steadily over 30-45 minutes walking at a fairly relaxed pace and with dozens of stewards standing around.

What the south stand sing often doesn’t reflect what’s happening on the pitch or the mood of the ground. What your describing summed up the situation today.

Chants like follow, follow aren’t bad, but they just don’t sing enough of the classic city songs.

Some of the best atmosphere we’ve had recently it’s ss3 leading the ground and even the family stand at times
As a family stand st holder,my wife and i always sing,chant and get behind the team.it does frustate at times when people just do. Nowt,
but i do think we need new chants for the current players, but the old retro chants for city.

Brentford in west london have a near full stadium at the end of every game giving the team a lap of honor. look how great it was when everyone stayed against Fulham the players loved it we cant tell people what to do but the facts are it looks sh*t when players clap to empty stands

not really comparable.
if our capacity was 17,000 then there wouldnt be the issues with congestion

So away fans are always louder. Why is that? Because they are mostly lads on the beer all day. They are singing when they get off the mini buses and coaches, they sing all the way into the ground, sing on the concourse, sing before the teams come out. Sing all the way through the match and after.

So why doesn't this happen with the home fans? There are still groups of lads going to the match together. Singing on mini buses and trams, singing on the way into the ground, but then something different happens. They all go and split up into different parts of the stadium. Not all together, like the away fans.

So make an away end at home. One section of the ground, with safe standing. It doesn't have to be huge, 3 to 5 thousand seats. But it has to be for the same lads who go to away games. Who like a beer and want to sing non stop. And what invariably happens is that the rest of the stand that they are situated in, joins in as well. So you end up with 10 to 15 thousand all singing the same song at the same time, which is loud as fuck. The rest of the stadium can have their canapes and prosecco, or pay a grand to see footballers picking their noses, but that one section will always set the tone for the atmosphere.

If you've ever been to one of those domestic cup games where the away fans get 10 thousand seats, it is so impressive when they all join in at the same time.

You honestly think without exit doors and everyone having to scan out through turnstiles things would go smoothly? How many turnstiles are there at the bottom of each of the slopes, two is it?
Why do you need turnstiles? I think the idea would be scanners dotted about like on the met, scan out if you want the points or don’t you’re still free to leave whenever

It’s better to use a carrot rather than a stick to motivate people…

You could do a scanner that gives out 20 loyalty points that is only on 30 minutes before kick off and 5 minutes after the final whistle.

Then fans who are making more of an effort get rewarded and better chance to get tickets to away games.

There’s loads of incentives you could build into it.
So what happens if I arrive 40 minutes before kick off and want to clap every single player off the pitch and be the last person out of the stadium, so leave 20 minutes after the final whistle because I am a super fan - I don't get any points but you do?

So what happens if I arrive 40 minutes before kick off and want to clap every single player off the pitch and be the last person out of the stadium, so leave 20 minutes after the final whistle because I am a super fan - I don't get any points but you do?
Reread my original post. You would get points for being early and for staying to the end. You're literally describing behavior that my idea would reward.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.