Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Bar Forest, what the first two home games have shown is that we don’t need to be near the away fans, or to have banter with the away fans (which I enjoy) to create a good atmosphere at the Etihad.

So those people who say there would be no or little atmosphere if all the singers relocated to a redeveloped and larger NS at the other end of the ground from the away fans are wrong. We’d create even more atmosphere if we had a proper (NS) home end with all the singers relocating from SSL1, ESL1 - blocks 111, 110,109, and from other parts of the ground like SSL3, etc.

Can’t remember when it was, either when Haaland scored or when he went off, he turned around and acknowledged the South Stand like he used to do to the Yellow Wall. He already knows where our most vocal part of the ground is. Imagine if we had a 20,000 (think of a number) standing single or double tiered NS.

Last edited:
Bar Forest, what the first two home games have shown is that we don’t need the away fans, to be near the away fans, or to have banter with the away fans (which I enjoy) to create a good atmosphere at the Etihad.

So those people who say there would be no or little atmosphere if all the singers relocated to a redeveloped and larger NS at the other end of the ground from the away fans are wrong. We’d create even more atmosphere if we had a proper (NS) home end, with all the singers relocating from SSL1, ESL1 - blocks 111, 110,109, and from other parts of the ground like SSL3, etc.

Can’t remember when it was, either when Haaland scored or when he went off, he turned around and acknowledged the South Stand, like he used to do to the Yellow Wall. He already knows where our most vocal part of the ground is. Imagine if we had a 20,000 (think of a number) standing single or double tiered NS.
Get all the singers from those blocks under the roof in the expanded North Stand and we’d have one of the noisiest grounds in the league.

You can often see SSL1 and ESL1 corner singing and clapping but sometimes can’t make out what’s being sung.

As soon as SSL3 (whether that be home or away fans) sing you hear it boom out around the stadium, people around the ground look up and over to SSL3 as if to say “fucking hell that’s loud!”

Get all the singers from those blocks under the roof in the expanded North Stand and we’d have one of the noisiest grounds in the league.

You can often see SSL1 and ESL1 corner singing and clapping but sometimes can’t make out what’s being sung.

As soon as SSL3 (whether that be home or away fans) sing you hear it boom out around the stadium, people around the ground look up and over to SSL3 as if to say “fucking hell that’s loud!”
It's all about money though, we have a huge amount of singer's up in ssl3 but don't forget a lot of us are up there cos we are priced out of the rest of the ground

For those of you who love atmospheres, the video shows this weekends Milan derby between AC Milan and Inter Milan. I won’t post the final score. (Ogden did an Etihad match video. Can’t remember which one it was)

A few things to take from a great video. Well worth watching.

Both sets of fans getting to their seats long before the game starts and creating an atmosphere pre-kick off.

Both sets fo fans creating great display/banners/flags at their ends. The AC Milan one in particular.

The whole stadium singing and getting behind Milan.

Milan fans staying behind (en-masse) after the final whistle and joining in with the team to celebrate the derby win over Inter.

7-E73-B10-F-43-B7-463-B-A679-A463-ACC9821-E.jpg

Thought the atmosphere against Forest was good. Even had some noise going on at the usually quiet CB3. I'm guessing it could may be because of regular ST holders not attending the midweek game.

Couple of observations

Its difficult to make out what is actually going on. Seems to be different chants coming from South stand and East stand. Unavoidable probably with the way the away fans are positioned creating the divide.

The "Bernardo" was loud and clear but the words in between were just a mush. What are we meant to be singing at the end of it these days?

Forest were the noisiest set of fans I've heard in a while. They had some basic repetitive chants going which they seemed to sustain for a long time.

Thought the atmosphere against Forest was good. Even had some noise going on at the usually quiet CB3. I'm guessing it could may be because of regular ST holders not attending the midweek game.

Couple of observations

Its difficult to make out what is actually going on. Seems to be different chants coming from South stand and East stand. Unavoidable probably with the way the away fans are positioned creating the divide.

The "Bernardo" was loud and clear but the words in between were just a mush. What are we meant to be singing at the end of it these days?

Forest were the noisiest set of fans I've heard in a while. They had some basic repetitive chants going which they seemed to sustain for a long time.
“We’re all going Istanbul”

But loads of people still sing “we’re all going to Madrid” for some reason, and some people sing “we’re all going to…” then stop and listen around for what other people are singing because they don’t know.

excellent atmosphere last night, one song at once, was spread across 4 or 5 blocks. Was very loud.

As if we dont have enough at the moment with the telescopic flags nicked, we now have a fan at the front of block 115 shouting at the fans that hold up the long banner at the front of the block ( usually for about 1 minute they hold it up ). This long banner isnt held up while the game is in action, its only to welcome players on the pitch. I understand fans want to see players walk out but come on we are in the blocks classed as singing section and it is advertised as having banners & flags in it. It literally is for one minute so please be patient.

But how offensive is it to shout out loud to the 4 volunteer fans that hold up the banner "move that f'ing shit banner".. To top it all the banner is in MCFC colours and has an MCFC badge on it.

Ask it to leave or ko him out -;)

I sat in CBL3 yesterday, but usually in SSL1.
I really don't get this view.

If the entire stadium matched SSL1 we'd have the best atmosphere in Europe. The issue is that every other stand is 99% full of people who will not sing/make noise under any circumstances. There are people who don't bother in SSL1, but along with the Kippax corner, it's the only consistently noisy area we have.
I sit directly opposite the away fans and our own fans in SS1 and the forest fans were twice as loud meaning that there are loads of SS1/2/3 that can’t be arsed. They go in there for the atmosphere but then don’t bother themselves, bizzare!

Think the singers should move to the back of SS3 so the sound from the chants floods the stadium in the same way it did for forest.

That way it would be so much easier for the rest of the stadium to get involved in the songs. We've seen this a few times last season most notably vs Rags and vs Real Madrid, when SS3 was absolutely rocking.

The problem with SS1 being the main singing section is that the noise sort of gets lost and certainly isn't projected around the ground.

Let's get Safe Standing in SS3

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.