Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

What were the words?

TBH it's a tuff one to sing. ;-)

"Alvarez Alvarez, Alvarez.....

It took me sometime to come up with the words, whilst trying to fit them into the "Here We Go chant. Finally got there in the end though. :-)

Another plus point. Same chant as "Liverpool, Liverpool, Liverpool, so thankfully it will drown that out when we play the $couse c*nts!

excellent atmosphere last night, one song at once, was spread across 4 or 5 blocks. Was very loud.

As if we dont have enough at the moment with the telescopic flags nicked, we now have a fan at the front of block 115 shouting at the fans that hold up the long banner at the front of the block ( usually for about 1 minute they hold it up ). This long banner isnt held up while the game is in action, its only to welcome players on the pitch. I understand fans want to see players walk out but come on we are in the blocks classed as singing section and it is advertised as having banners & flags in it. It literally is for one minute so please be patient.

But how offensive is it to shout out loud to the 4 volunteer fans that hold up the banner "move that f'ing shit banner".. To top it all the banner is in MCFC colours and has an MCFC badge on it.

excellent atmosphere last night, one song at once, was spread across 4 or 5 blocks. Was very loud.

As if we dont have enough at the moment with the telescopic flags nicked, we now have a fan at the front of block 115 shouting at the fans that hold up the long banner at the front of the block ( usually for about 1 minute they hold it up ). This long banner isnt held up while the game is in action, its only to welcome players on the pitch. I understand fans want to see players walk out but come on we are in the blocks classed as singing section and it is advertised as having banners & flags in it. It literally is for one minute so please be patient.

But how offensive is it to shout out loud to the 4 volunteer fans that hold up the banner "move that f'ing shit banner".. To top it all the banner is in MCFC colours and has an MCFC badge on it.
Some people only really happy when they are completely f'ing miserable.

They can do one! 115 is a singing section. Fans get told to expect flags and banners so if they don't like it - they can move elsewhere!

The longer the game went on the quieter we got. Sounded like SS had given up at one point. It astounds me that a young crowd in SS1 can’t be arsed. It must be so frustrating for those that are trying their best to see other fans that want to go in what should be the best part of the ground for atmosphere not bothering.
And as for the family stand I’m in my 60’s and sing but 90% of even the young ones in there are like church mice.
I sat in CBL3 yesterday, but usually in SSL1.
I really don't get this view.

If the entire stadium matched SSL1 we'd have the best atmosphere in Europe. The issue is that every other stand is 99% full of people who will not sing/make noise under any circumstances. There are people who don't bother in SSL1, but along with the Kippax corner, it's the only consistently noisy area we have.

If the entire stadium matched SSL1 we'd have the best atmosphere in Europe. The issue is that every other stand is 99% full of people who will not sing/make noise under any circumstances. There are people who don't bother in SSL1, but along with the Kippax corner, it's the only consistently noisy area we have.
I'd say NE corner is consistently noisy as a shouting stand that will sing. No one will sing like SS but the NE can really shout in my experience. I was in CB1 last night and people were singing and shouting but in my experience the atmosphere there is always a bit more genteel in that part of the ground. TBH I thought the atmosphere overall was more awed last night than anything. Palace was special because we got off our knees, whereas last night was about wonder at what's to come.

When SSL3 are up for it you know it’s going to be a good atmosphere as it will carry to the rest of the ground. Sadly you’re right, sometimes there are people who won’t sing under any circumstances.

Really that’s where singers who are in L1 should have congregated imo, would be better for the atmosphere as a whole.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.