Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

I've read posts from people blaming acoustics, misplaced singing sections, away fan allocations, corporate seats etc etc etc but the stone cold fact is, most fans (and I'm not talking tourists or the older generations) simply can't be arsed to sing or show emotion. I'm surrounded by groups of 20/30 somethings who you would expect to be the vocal ones but who seem completely disinterested. I think Pep called it spot on, years of success have set expectations that we are entitled to win and we will always win. They don't realise the power fans hold, we help make us win, there's no coincidence that our very best performances (topped by the Agueroooooo moment) were fuelled by fan power. Sadly I feel we could be at the end of a chapter. One day these fans might look back and really regret how they let it slip because they just couldn't be arsed anymore

For all the shit people give city for the pre-match stuff, once again the loudest the ground was throughout the game was before kick off. We weren't great but the atmosphere reflected the game.

Thought their support was crap, Leicester didn't sing "we are top of the league" anywhere near as much as these twats when they won it. For a club that thinks they're massive, they don't half act like a small time outfit. Chelsea were louder and better and they got twatted and are having a shocker of a season.

the irony of them singing "shit ground no history" to us in a stadium that's slightly older and seen 6 league titles won here in its 20 year life against Arsenal's Emirates which has seen zero silverware won there was a particular highlight in "you dumb fucker" behaviour.

Average tonight , thought it would have been better . Had a good 10-15 min spell after the goal when it was ok then went flat again till the last few mins.
Arsenal fans were singing all the way bsck to town. Got the feeling they werent to arsed cos they want the league, need to beat them twice. They seem to think they have one hand on OUR trophy .

we can spin it anyway we want, but the truth is there are more than us, than them no matter what competition we’re in, and what stand you sit in. When I leave the ground my feels like my heads going to explode when I sing the anthems but that can’t be said for everyone, the gooners were good tonight (first half although their song's were shit), but I expect the same from our away support that Pep appreciates.

I think Pep called it spot on, years of success have set expectations that we are entitled to win and we will always win. They don't realise the power fans hold, we help make us win, there's no coincidence that our very best performances (topped by the Agueroooooo moment) were fuelled by fan power. Sadly I feel we could be at the end of a chapter. One day these fans might look back and really regret how they let it slip because they just couldn't be arsed anymore
With the greatest respect, that’s nonsense. Are we just ignoring the Villa game last season?!

People look back with rose-tinted glasses, but the atmospheres at Maine Road and the Etihad pre-takeover weren’t always great either.

It was admittedly rubbish tonight, but it’s been good at other times this season (United, Liverpool, Spurs). A lot depends on what is happening on the pitch.

Forced relocation tonight saw me on the comfy seats in CB2 ... I joined any song coming out of SSL1 but felt like a lone ranger most of the time. I felt like one person couldn't get anything going but 10 or 20 people singing would have been enough. IMO we need to make a deliberate effort to place pockets of 20 fans everywhere in the stadium whose role is to join in with the singing throughout the game. I for one volunteer.

It just feels horrible mate we should be bang up for it and having to listen to them lot take over our own ground. Players must feel it too
Things like this make a real difference. We are a soft target for the media, and because we are not vocal at all we don't get any home advantage crowd wise. Players feel both the media bias and lack of support. We certainly do b=not pressure refs and lino' to give us any benefit of the doubt as the crowd did and the swamp and at Liverpool. We are not helping ourselves and makes it easier for some of our players to drop off / want away ..or new potential players to take other options. The crowd do have an important role to play.

For all the shit people give city for the pre-match stuff, once again the loudest the ground was throughout the game was before kick off. We weren't great but the atmosphere reflected the game.

Thought their support was crap, Leicester didn't sing "we are top of the league" anywhere near as much as these twats when they won it. For a club that thinks they're massive, they don't half act like a small time outfit. Chelsea were louder and better and they got twatted and are having a shocker of a season.

the irony of them singing "shit ground no history" to us in a stadium that's slightly older and seen 6 league titles won here in its 20 year life against Arsenal's Emirates which has seen zero silverware won there was a particular highlight in "you dumb fucker" behaviour.
I am still trying to work out their chant. We've won it all ? Did I miss them winning old big ears. CTID

of all the clubs to show us up for silence is fucking arsenal!!!!!!!!!
And they have had years of playing n the Library that's the Emirates ..they are only singing a bit now cos they are winning,,,and away...but at home, and i've been a far bit as i live close now, has been truly crap. Anyone remember midweek when we battered them on that freezing night there...they had about 30,000 in, if that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.