Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Fantastic scenes but there is a noticeable difference between that crowd and a PL crowd. These all seem to be male, probably 20-40 with one objective - getting behind the team. No females, no mobile phones being waved about, nobody leaving for a pint after 35 mins and probably not £35 to stand etc. Would be almost impossible to replicate over here.
San Lorenzo Argentina, now that's a crowd...and just on the female thing why are all our city fan spokes people on the radio female...not balanced as hardly any male city fans ever..should be a 50 - 50 split but ...well there you go

It sounds hopping on the tv lads... You will never out sing 8,000 pissed up away fans in a single stand. It's the same when we go in the same numbers to other places, we take over.
Difference is it livens the home crowd up when we go away like that...but us,,,

I think every row has one!!! In all seriousness, that's sad and at least there's a reasoning behind him not being in his seat.

Exactly pal. Rather be on the concourse, grabbing an overpriced beer or on the way home than watch some of the finest footballers on the planet. It's as if they're being forced to be there! Maybe they're only turning up at all because the dart season has finished or something?!
better than blue plastic surely

For all the shit people give city for the pre-match stuff, once again the loudest the ground was throughout the game was before kick off. We weren't great but the atmosphere reflected the game.

Thought their support was crap, Leicester didn't sing "we are top of the league" anywhere near as much as these twats when they won it. For a club that thinks they're massive, they don't half act like a small time outfit. Chelsea were louder and better and they got twatted and are having a shocker of a season.

the irony of them singing "shit ground no history" to us in a stadium that's slightly older and seen 6 league titles won here in its 20 year life against Arsenal's Emirates which has seen zero silverware won there was a particular highlight in "you dumb fucker" behaviour.
Arsenal are like a national league club support wise. Cringeworthy songs and not one of them can fight sleep. I don't hate them though for that very reason.

Fantastic scenes but there is a noticeable difference between that crowd and a PL crowd. These all seem to be male, probably 20-40 with one objective - getting behind the team. No females, no mobile phones being waved about, nobody leaving for a pint after 35 mins and probably not £35 to stand etc. Would be almost impossible to replicate over here.

and I reckon 90% of that crowd have lived within 2 miles of the ground all their life, and walk to every game with their families. I also think that the majority of them will live in poverty and work hard manual jobs, (compared to us) and going to watch their team is an escape from their daily lives! It will be the only socializing a lot of them fans will do!

We are not like that in this country, Football is not life or death to us, (unless your 27 wear Stone Island and still live with your mam and dad)!

Also the no females comment cracked me up!

but the stone cold fact is, most fans (and I'm not talking tourists or the older generations) simply can't be arsed to sing or show emotion. One day these fans might look back and really regret how they let it slip because they just couldn't be arsed anymore
Good post. Doubt they’ll lose any sleep as alot of fans have lost interest. They’re there out of habit. It’s no wonder the players are out of sorts. They’re getting very little support from the fans. I can imagine Pep feeling disappointed and awkward listening to the Arsenal fans especially after his comments the other week. We obviously couldn’t care less what he says.

Last edited:
TBF all away fans stick out like a sore thumb.

I thought the Etihad was unusually quiet though tonight, I wouldn't even blame the tourists. I think you're that good and have be accustomed to a successful style of play for years you don't really have to fight or lift your team through a game(s) they'll show up 9 times out of 10 and walk all over teams - your that far ahead of everyone I can see how it's hard to be motivated.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.