Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

couldn't hear arsenal all night, only knew they made some noise when I got home and a mate said they were heard on telly.

the accoustics are shite, sound from one teir to another in the same stand doesn't travel if level 2 sing level 1 cannot hear it and visa versa.
It depends on the tv narrative...get Newcastle and the Dippers there..mics up full ..loads of camera panning and bs gushing commentary. We fill aways every game yet not one acknowledgement if the efforts and money spent by any tv station... its all BS but we are getting spanked in the BS league...relegation nailed pm gir us in that one

I couldn’t believe the awful tunes coming from a ‘dj’ outside the main Colin Bell entrance.
I had nothing to do with football and I imagine most of the corporate going in that entrance hadn’t a clue what they were playing zzzzzz

I was in 322 last night, was quite funny just before half time, a bloke was making his way out and he starts yelling to every one to sing ( ironic he was going out early) he was making a bit of a div of himself, a bloke shouts at him to shut the fuck up you gimp, he then responds ' what the fuck you gonna do about it' I'm laughing at this stage, he then shouted ' come outside for a fight then' loads of people laughing at him.

On a different note, Arsenal fans were loud and gobby outside, we were quite for most of the game, more half n half scarves than I've ever seen, I think it's an age thing with me, I hate all the pre match shite, piped music, half time entertainment, City Square, think I've failed to move with the times.

We need to be listening to Didsbury Dave.. he’s called this before loads of times. Every one get in ss3 that is where the atmosphere should be at
Club completely missed a trick when they built that. Should have had an 18-30 ST for £250 and badged it as a singing section at the back of that stand, even next to the away fans if that’s what they wanted.

i was sat in east stand level 1 and thought the atmosphere was decent. was surrounded by a lot of people standing though who sang the vast majority of the match. think it all depends where you’re sat and who’s sat around you tbh.

Club completely missed a trick when they built that. Should have had an 18-30 ST for £250 and badged it as a singing section at the back of that stand, even next to the away fans if that’s what they wanted.
Still people would locate there who wanted a cheaper season ticket with no intention of singing. There are thousands already in SSL3 on cheap season tickets who never make a peep.

If Danny was designing the Matchday experience around the views of Bluemooners, we’d either have about 10k in the ground or the Club would be going bust for all the £10 season cards that had been dished out.

My own view is that the laser show is there to mask the lack of atmosphere. I hardly ever see it because I only get to my seat a minute or two before kick off.

People have the choice to learn the songs and raise their voices during the 90+ minutes. Most don’t. Fair enough. That’s said, if it had been a Prem game last night there’s a fair chance they Blues around the ground would have given their full backing fir the lads.

The laser show started as a one off which in itself was different and interesting to a point. Then city bought the laser kit, hence why they're using it now.

The laser show is now being used for every night match, along with booming music, so is it any wonder people have given up singing before the start of the match as the players come out, and at the start of the match before kick off.

I bet if you asked every City player what they'd prefer, to a player they would say fans chanting over a laser show.

Tourist and day trippers probably love the laser show. It's razzamataz, showbiz, which goes alongside the whole day or evening attending a City match. Ask any other City fan and they'll rather have fans chanting and singing.

I hope the laser show eventually fizzles out. It will as the nights get lighter. But it will be back again in Autumn and in Winter later this year when the days get darker again.

Still people would locate there who wanted a cheaper season ticket with no intention of singing. There are thousands already in SSL3 on cheap season tickets who never make a peep.
True but it wasn’t badged as a singing stand, just a cheap one. I would have thought most 18-30’s do sing don’t they or is that wrong ? SS1 can be heard when everyone joins in but Arsenal we’re the only ones I could hear in the first half so it must have been fairly lacklustre in SS1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.