Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Better make the most of it for the rest of the season before we end up with the sort of crowd we had for the COVID Everton game every week....seems too many 'blues' are ready to throw the towel in on a current popular thread.
I actually think it could have an appositive affect and galvanise. Of course we wouldn’t be able to fill the stadium, but would that Make the atmosphere that much worse- it’s the same fans that sing every week anyway and they aren’t in the majority

I actually think it could have an appositive affect and galvanise. Of course we wouldn’t be able to fill the stadium, but would that Make the atmosphere that much worse- it’s the same fans that sing every week anyway and they aren’t in the majority
I don’t agree, I think we’d sell out plenty of matches tbh.

Stop being serious ;)

I was happy waving my banana back in the day.

Better make the most of it for the rest of the season before we end up with the sort of crowd we had for the COVID Everton game every week....seems too many 'blues' are ready to throw the towel in on a current popular thread.
Not a problem with that. If people are thinking of jumping shit then they are probably the sort who sit behind me talking shite most weeks.
I'm up for a bit of York away

All ifs and buts, I know now.

It was a big deal. If City had beaten Spurs, City would be 2 points behind Arsenal going into the Villa game. Arsenal play Brentford on Saturday. Not an easy game for Arsenal. By the time we play Villa, Arsenal could be 8 or 6 points in front of City again or still 5 points in-front of City.
We can’t win the League every year. Surely the kangaroo court Prem charges should give an edge to the atmosphere at the weekend.

The lads gave their all and we were an inch away from getting a point. We are not at our fluent best so the lads need our support more than ever.

I don’t agree, I think we’d sell out plenty of matches tbh.
You may well be right. The lowering of prices that would have to happen if we drop league coupled with the fact that the fan base has obviously grew with more young fans blooded in in the Last 10 years. I guess my point is it wouldn’t hurt the atmosphere anyway Imo

Of course there‘s a link to the way City play and the effect it has on the atmosphere.(inside the Etihad) What are you on about?!

That goes for every team. When Liverpool were battering everyone you couldn’t shut the Scouse c*nts up. Now you can hear a pin drop at Anfield and with their away following because Liverpool are getting beat every match.

If City come out all guns blazing against Villa on Sunday, get an early goal, then the atmosphere will be better.

That aside, the PL may have just done us a favour on the terraces. There’s nothing like a a corrupt organisation like UEFA and the PL to get the fans backs up and to get them supporting the team.

We’ll find out on Sunday.

No doubt Villa will be chanting cheats or something similar.
Whether we like it or not, the vast majority of English club atmospheres are governed by how well a team is playing on a given day. People ask why aren't our away fans as loud at Spurs as we are at other London grounds but we've lost all 5 games at their new gaff without even scoring a goal. If we'd won all those games, I'm quite sure our fans would've been heard a lot more and the Spurs fans wouldn't have been as loud. I watched most of the Forest v Leeds game yesterday. Leeds fans are generally considered to be one of the noisier sets of away fans in the league but apart from early on in the game, I don't recall hearing them at all. Granted, the Forest fans were loud as fuck and I'm sure some Leeds fans would've been singing at various points but it didn't strike me as being one of their better games on the road for atmosphere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.