Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Dread to think how bad it’s gonna be on Sunday, especially if it’s the same tactics.

I’m mentally prepared for the usual glares from people around me who don’t understand why I sing and chant.

Yeah, was thinking the same thing. It’s going to be dire, especially if it’s another 90 minutes of slow, backwards and sideways keep ball with no shots and goals. A poor Leicester side scored 4 against Villa.

Dread to think how bad it’s gonna be on Sunday, especially if it’s the same tactics.

I’m mentally prepared for the usual glares from people around me who don’t understand why I sing and chant.
Unfortunately it will be the same tactics. Pep seems to have backed himself into a corner. If he changes the tactics then he effectively admits he got it wrong. No shame in that, but I don't think that is in Pep's persona. So it's more of the backwards, sideways, safety first crap we have had this season. And people wonder why there is no atmosphere in the stadium and fans leave early?

Maybe we will get behind the team regardless of the tactics and negativity. We’ve lost the fixture we lose every year. Big deal!!

Maybe we will get behind the team regardless of the tactics and negativity. We’ve lost the fixture we lose every year. Big deal!!

All ifs and buts, I know now.

It was a big deal. If City had beaten Spurs, City would be 2 points behind Arsenal going into the Villa game. Arsenal play Brentford on Saturday. Not an easy game for Arsenal. By the time we play Villa, Arsenal could be 8 or 6 points in front of City again or still 5 points in-front of City.

As a rule it isn’t. But we did do the Poznan for a whole season. Then it died off because people couldn’t be arsed doing it anymore. That mentality has now spread to singing.

Unfortunately it’s at least 3 years away, but I hope the North stand expansion and a proper singing section full of singers will start changing the mentality of our fan base at the Etihad.

As for the videos. I do post the odd videos I think are worth posting. There are loads more I could post, but I don’t.
I don’t think that’s true mate. We had a better atmosphere in 2022 at the Etihad than at any point since the Keegan promotion season.

We’ve just had a poor Winter around the World Cup.

I don’t think that’s true mate. We had a better atmosphere in 2022 at the Etihad than at any point since the Keegan promotion season.

In England and in the PL the action on the pitch dictates and generates the atmosphere.

At the start of the season the team was playing attacking, exciting football, and scoring goals for fun. The atmosphere had improved and was good. Even Pep commented on it.

Since City started playing this slow, sideways, backward, keep ball football, the atmosphere has died a death, as there’s little or nothing to get excited about.

Let’s be honest. Who can be arsed singing and supporting the team, even though we should, when all we’re seeing is the ball going sideways, backwards, slowly for 90 minutes. It’s boring, and sucks the life out of the crowd and the atmosphere.

Unfortunately it will be the same tactics. Pep seems to have backed himself into a corner. If he changes the tactics then he effectively admits he got it wrong. No shame in that, but I don't think that is in Pep's persona. So it's more of the backwards, sideways, safety first crap we have had this season. And people wonder why there is no atmosphere in the stadium and fans leave early?
‘Safety

Every week there is another excuse why the atmosphere is shit.

Last week it was the lazer show. This weeks it’s Pep’s style of play. Funnily enough despite our ‘safety first’ approach I keep on reading today City are comfortably the highest scorers in the Premier league.

We’ve had a poor run of games since the World Cup and everybody’s arses have gone. It’s embarrassing.

If we rely on exciting style of play to generate an atmosphere then god help 75% of the rest of the 92 league clubs that watch complete shite every week.

In England and in the PL the action on the pitch dictates and generates the atmosphere.

At the start of the season the team was playing attacking, exciting football, and scoring goals for fun. The atmosphere had improved and was good. Even Pep commented on it. Since City started playing this slow, sideways, backward, keep ball football, the atmosphere has died a death, as there’s little or nothing to get excited about.

Let’s be honest. Who can be arsed singing and supporting the team, even though we should, when all we’re seeing is the ball going sideways, backwards, and slowly, continually for 90 minutes. It’s boring, and sucks the life out of the crowd and the atmosphere.
Indeed. 33 goals in our opening 9 games… we miss a fit and firing Foden!

‘Safety

Every week there is another excuse why the atmosphere is shit.

Last week it was the lazer show. This weeks it’s Pep’s style of play. Funnily enough despite our ‘safety first’ approach I keep on reading today City are comfortably the highest scorers in the Premier league.

We’ve had a poor run of games since the World Cup and everybody’s arses have gone. It’s embarrassing.

If we rely on exciting style of play to generate an atmosphere then god help 75% of the rest of the 92 league clubs that watch complete shite every week.
I suppose it’s about expectations and experience.

I remember when scoring one goal would see the crowd going mental. In the last few years it can be met with a bit of a cheer and applause because we’ve seen hundreds and hundreds.

The worse you are the more amazing an attack and a goal is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.