Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

‘Safety

Every week there is another excuse why the atmosphere is shit.

Last week it was the lazer show. This weeks it’s Pep’s style of play. Funnily enough despite our ‘safety first’ approach I keep on reading today City are comfortably the highest scorers in the Premier league.

We’ve had a poor run of games since the World Cup and everybody’s arses have gone. It’s embarrassing.

If we rely on exciting style of play to generate an atmosphere then god help 75% of the rest of the 92 league clubs that watch complete shite every week.
Each to his own. But the stuff I have been watching from my seat at the Etihad in recent weeks is boring. Well it is for me at least. Backwards, sideways, sideways, backwards. It's a yawn fest. When we let rip at teams like we did against United at home and the second half against Spurs at home - that's exciting and the crowd respond accordingly. The current system isn't working. The players don't like it and the fans don't like it. The only people who do seem to like it are the opposition teams we are playing.

Concourse singing is something I’ll never understand. It’s a very strange and useless trend, the team cannot hear you on concourses.

A total waste of fucking time.
That's the point I was making. I pointing out the contrast between how loud it was on the concourse to how quiet is was in the stand. My other main point is that people tire themselves out on the concourse and have no energy left when the game starts

Each to his own. But the stuff I have been watching from my seat at the Etihad in recent weeks is boring. Well it is for me at least. Backwards, sideways, sideways, backwards. It's a yawn fest. When we let rip at teams like we did against United at home and the second half against Spurs at home - that's exciting and the crowd respond accordingly. The current system isn't working. The players don't like it and the fans don't like it. The only people who do seem to like it are the opposition teams we are playing.
Boring like some of the fans

‘Safety

Last week it was the lazer show. This weeks it’s Pep’s style of play. Funnily enough despite our ‘safety first’ approach I keep on reading today City are comfortably the highest scorers in the Premier league.

We’ve had a poor run of games since the World Cup and everybody’s arses have gone. It’s embarrassing.

If we rely on exciting style of play to generate an atmosphere then god help 75% of the rest of the 92 league clubs that watch complete shite every week.

Of course there‘s a link to the way City play and the effect it has on the atmosphere.(inside the Etihad) What are you on about?!

That goes for every team. When Liverpool were battering everyone you couldn’t shut the Scouse c*nts up. Now you can hear a pin drop at Anfield and with their away following because Liverpool are getting beat every match.

If City come out all guns blazing against Villa on Sunday, get an early goal, then the atmosphere will be better.

That aside, the PL may have just done us a favour on the terraces. There’s nothing like a a corrupt organisation like UEFA and the PL to get the fans backs up and to get them supporting the team.

We’ll find out on Sunday.

No doubt Villa will be chanting cheats or something similar.

Reactions: PPT
‘Safety

haha this is true

the question is we all say atmosphere was better in the 90's, then the football was at another level of bad.

I suppose it’s about expectations and experience.

I remember when scoring one goal would see the crowd going mental. In the last few years it can be met with a bit of a cheer and applause because we’ve seen hundreds and hundreds.

The worse you are the more amazing an attack and a goal is.

and then when the fourth goes in all you see is fans arses as they get up and leave the stadium

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.