Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Spoke to a steward i know and she confirmed the club gave permission for Dortmund to bring 4 drums into the stadium.
The difference they make is obvious.

I sit in 115 and went for a piss at 36mins
City bars/food kiosks 3-4 deep
I looked through the door walking back (which keeps the home/away fans apart) as officials were walking through and not 1 dortmund fan at the kiosk

My opinion is that the germans do give their team great support

Them fucking drums were annoying though!

The c*nts nearly hit me with a bottle!!!
It's not "support" though. It's self-indulgent, 'look at us' shite and destroys true atmosphere. I nearly went home at half-time because of that monotonous, orchestrated racket.

Can't lie I'm super jealous of the support European sides create England is miles behind right now in creating an atmosphere and English fans probably used to be the best aswell 20 years back

It's not "support" though. It's self-indulgent, 'look at us' shite and destroys true atmosphere. I nearly went home at half-time because of that monotonous, orchestrated racket.
Let’s be honest, it is support. Just not what most of us english like.
From Boca Juniors, Ajax, Celtic, Rangers, PSG Feyenoord, poznan to the German Rags - they all have ultra’s with drums, jump up and down in unison and have knobheads at the front choreographing everyone!

We don’t like it but most clubs outside the premiership do……..and when you see the players jumping up and down with these ultra’s the end of the game it makes them feel connected (a bit like when the players did the poznan at wembley after tha F.A. cup with us)

I find the Germans have had it good though the lucky bastards.
Cheap tickets.
Always had standing.
Alcohol in the stands while the game is on.
Free travel with match ticket.
Maybe a cheap brass afterwards at the local legal brothel.
No wonder it’s drilled into them to have a good time.

We’ve had
Expensive tickets
Not allowed to stand
15mins to get an expensive pint of warm piss
The Metrolink (need i say more)
A quick “shake & vac” off some smackhead with 1 tooth behind piccadilly train station
I’m surprised most of us still go

Choreographed shite from the Dortmund fans. Not real atmosphere for me.
Thought this late on in the 1st half, fair play they made a racket but it’s so monotonous and just blends in to the background noise. Doesn’t add to the tension like it would when the atmosphere matches the ebb and flow of the game.

Thought we were good after going 1 down anyway, not great up until then.

On a side note our police force must be the softest in Europe, fucking joke

I think what a lot of people are missing is that tonight was a big game for Dortmund fans and not that big a deal for us.

When we play a big European game at home the place is rocking. A largely irrelevant group stage game against the 2nd or 3rd best team in Germany isn’t a big game.

I think what a lot of people are missing is that tonight was a big game for Dortmund fans and not that big a deal for us.

When we play a big European game at home the place is rocking. A largely irrelevant group stage game against the 2nd or 3rd best team in Germany isn’t a big game.
Lame excuse and also disrespectful. Let's also not forget where we came from. Dortmund are a great club and they nearly did us tonight

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.