Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Millwall 3 - 0 funny day that

A pie thrown from the Millwall end narrowly missed me and landed on my mates head. He had pie and ketchup all over his head. Lol! You can add Boro and Coventry to Millwall.

Copenhagen Ultras throwing and firing flares at Dortmund fans before the match. SSL1 will have to be be on guard unless City and GMP manage to confiscate all the flares before the Ultras get into the ground, which I doubt they’ll be able to do. They haven’t before. Basel, etc.

A pie thrown from the Millwall end narrowly missed me and landed on my mates head. He had pie and ketchup all over his head. Lol! You can add Boro and Coventry to Millwall.

Copenhagen Ultras throwing and firing flares at Dortmund fans before the match. SSL1 will have to be be on guard unless City and GMP manage to confiscate all the flares before the Ultras get into the ground, which I doubt they’ll be able to do. They haven’t befor. Basel, etc.

Security is a joke mate. I could get a nuclear missile in...down my pants. They'd just think I was a big boy.

As opposed to some bell/s at the back of the South Stand starting the chants.

As they say, out of sight, out of mind. Just a voice to get the chants started instead of a visible lad with or without a megaphone at the front of the stand.

In my younger years. Maine Road, Block R, North Stand. Last ever game at Maine Road against Southampton. ;-)

View attachment 55090
I was thankfully sat far enough away from you not to hear you ;))

Reactions: jrb

Copenhagen Ultras throwing and firing flares at Dortmund fans before the match. SSL1 will have to be be on guard unless City and GMP manage to confiscate all the flares before the Ultras get into the ground, which I doubt they’ll be able to do. They haven’t before. Basel, etc.

any flares come near me and they will get a pie right back !

Each to their own mate but the drums and the loud halers just arent for me. Im not criticising a fan base for creating noise.

Maybe just some punter at the front conducting would maybe get the other fans going. But we just arent that fan base. We can have the best of atmospheres, spine tingling sometimes. Also like a library. Its just who we are

Drums? Yes … sideways… and dry.

it is each to their own, i guess there are fans in spain that hate the drum, they are just way outnumbered and i think the european ultras or fan groups want what works and sounds intimidating.

myself im not saying im in favour of a drum or bell or megaphone or whistle in particular. What i really want is what makes the atmosphere better and it is very slow progress for us at the etihad. it is getting better there is no doubt, we just have to accept and change if we want a better atmosphere.

Top of the list for me is any singing fans around the etihad where ever you sit, try your best to get in the lower SS level one. Once singers outnumber non singers we will almost be there. If the day ever comes that we expand the north stand to make it a singing end then everybody has to move in to the new development area.

next on the list would be fans not to go for a pint on 33 minutes and dont leave the stadium on 77 mins.

Spoke to a steward i know and she confirmed the club gave permission for Dortmund to bring 4 drums into the stadium.
The difference they make is obvious.

I sit in 115 and went for a piss at 36mins
City bars/food kiosks 3-4 deep
I looked through the door walking back (which keeps the home/away fans apart) as officials were walking through and not 1 dortmund fan at the kiosk

My opinion is that the germans do give their team great support

Them fucking drums were annoying though!

The c*nts nearly hit me with a bottle!!!

Atmosphere was cracking when we went 0-1 down. Ss3 was great.

I don’t rate or like the German fans. Trying to cause trouble. Was great when the second went in

Spoke to a steward i know and she confirmed the club gave permission for Dortmund to bring 4 drums into the stadium.
The difference they make is obvious.

I sit in 115 and went for a piss at 36mins
City bars/food kiosks 3-4 deep
I looked through the door walking back (which keeps the home/away fans apart) as officials were walking through and not 1 dortmund fan at the kiosk

My opinion is that the germans do give their team great support

Them fucking drums were annoying though!

The c*nts nearly hit me with a bottle!!!
I’d rather I sat watching city on my own in a completely empty stadium, with a muzzle on, than any **** bring a drum to a game for us

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.