Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

The atmosphere was great today , best it’s been in a long time and I’m in the North west corner and well placed to here when it’s shit and when it’s decent ..
it did die off a bit once the jeopardy went out the game at 3-0 but hay we have bigger games coming that we’ve saved some for .. Even us foc in the corners and the families belted out a few today (not like you would have herd it over in the south but we definitely did. And the noise was definitely louder coming from the south then it’s been in a long time , if we could just all sing the sane song it would be great -)

The Raja and Wydad lads are coming over on Sunday. :-)

Remember Raja (green) from Casablanca?

This is a video of Wydad, their Casablanca rivals.

I'm picturing Didsbury, Casual and load of other Bluemoon FOC's sat at the other end of the ground moaning about too much clapping and the playlist

The first half was really good. What was that banging in the second half? It sounded like someone kicking shutters or something. It didn’t help because the south stand settled into that clap-clap-clap-clap-follow-follow-follow-Bernardo-empty-seats-at-home-clap-clap-clap thing in time with the banging and it killed off most of the atmosphere.

Overall I thought it was a great show of defiance from the crowd although I didn’t really like that “we’ll cheat when we want” song.
Give it a rest Dave. You sound like some old rocker moaning about New Romantics

Started off great, but the amount of early leavers was ridiculous. After the week we’ve had surely you can stay until the end to clap the team off?

It looked like about 4 rows in the family stand were empty most of the second half? Why on earth is that allowed to happen
Somebody said to me it was Liverpools academy team. They played us earlier. They left about 65 mins.

Last edited:
Give it a rest Dave. You sound like some old rocker moaning about New Romantics

I like Dave.

I like his posts as a rule.

But he is sounding like a stuck record with his clap, clap, clap comments.

Today was great. Plenty of chants. Plenty of new chants. Self-deprecating chants and humour. Etc

Sometimes all is needed is well done everyone, a great effort.

I'm picturing Didsbury, Casual and load of other Bluemoon FOC's sat at the other end of the ground moaning about too much clapping and the playlist
I honestly don’t like that. It’s like some choreographed performance or summat. It’s just not…English, or Mancunian, I suppose. That jumping up and down stuff looks a bit stupid to me. Like when you get a whole end wearing the same t shirt or something. It makes you look like sheep.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.