Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

It didn’t help because the south stand settled into that clap-clap-clap-clap-follow-follow-follow-Bernardo-empty-seats-at-home-clap-clap-clap thing in time with the banging and it killed off most of the atmosphere.

Overall I thought it was a great show of defiance from the crowd although I didn’t really like that “we’ll cheat when we want” song.
I usually agree with you about clap along chants at home games Dave, however I thought today was a good mixture, especially in the 1st half.

You're never going to have the whole ground singing 100% of the time, so it's good to have a few of these types of chants, rather than sitting in silence.

Overall today was fantastic, minus the people who had to make it back countryfile.

When I was a lad back in the early 60s, it was common to see hundreds leaving the Kippax with 15 to 20 minutes left.

The exit gates would be opened and there'd already be blokes in the the tunnels waiting to go.

They were of course replaced by the dozens of us kids waiting to get in for nowt to see the end of the game if we didn't have enough money to get in.

60 years later and all that's changed is that, thanks to 'progress' and stewards, there's no bugger waiting outside to get in for nowt any more.
There’d also be hundreds waiting to come in for free at ¾ time.

Maybe we should sell £10 tickets for the last 15 minutes of games and we won’t notice all the ones who don’t want to applaud the team off at the end of games leaving.

I usually agree with you about clap along chants at home games Dave, however I thought today was a good mixture, especially in the 1st half.

You're never going to have the whole ground singing 100% of the time, so it's good to have a few of these types of chants, rather than sitting in silence.

Overall today was fantastic, minus the people who had to make it back countryfile.
I agree mate. First half was a great mix of old school City songs and some new off-the-cuff ones too. I actually felt a bit emotional at that long rendition of “Don’t worry about a thing”.

Is it only me who finds it ironic that people watching on the telly complain about how bad it looks (on the telly) that people who actually go to games decide to leave early?
Not when it’s too expensive for them to go, I don’t, no. And they frustratingly look on knowing that they’d stay until the end to applaud the team off but see about 20,000 people had left by the time the game finished.

There have been years gone by (not as bad this season) where the game is announced as sold out, some fans couldn’t get a ticket yet there’d be empty seats through the game and loads leaving early when the bloke sat at home who couldn’t get a ticket will be pissed off with the lot of them.

Overall I thought it was a great show of defiance from the crowd although I didn’t really like that “we’ll cheat when we want” song.
I thought “We’re Man City, we’ll cheat when we want” was pretty funny tbh. We’re going to get chants about cheating from most other clubs and an ironic response like that is what’s needed imo. A bit like the empty seats at home song or the response to WWYWYWS.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.