Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Impossible to prove, but I’m 100% sure the Villa players were intimidated by the 1st half atmosphere. You could just see it.

The Villa fans certainly where. I doubt they have been to or will go to a stadium this season in the PL and experience a 1st half atmosphere like yeaterday’s. The SSL1 away section must be like a bear pit when SSL1 and the Kippax corner get going.

Impossible to prove, but I’m 100% sure the Villa players were intimidated by the 1st half atmosphere. You could just see it.

The Villa fans certainly where. I doubt they have been to or will go to a stadium this season in the PL and experience a 1st half atmosphere like yeaterday’s. The SSL1 away section must be like a bear pit when SSL1 and the Kippax corner get going.
When the PL jingle was booed, I thought it was much louder than any booing of the UEFA one. When the crowd spontaneously started shouting "City, City" towards the end of it, the hairs on the back of my neck stood up.

Somebody said to me it was Liverpools academy team. They played us earlier. They left about 65 mins.
There was a load of Southampton youth going up the NW turret shity cheap purple hoodies on but they would have been heading to the main stand 3rd tier maybe they wanted them segregated incase the dippers tried poaching them .

Last edited:
Somebody said to me it was Liverpools academy team. They played us earlier. They left about 65 mins.
There was a load of Southampton youth going up the NW turret shity cheap purple hoodies on but they would have been heading to the main stand 3rd tier maybe they wanted them segregated incase the dippers tried poaching them .
What the fuck are we giving tickets to these kind of groups for?

City don’t half do some fucking strange things.

Who is the FOC dressed in black stood on the seats taking pictures?
;-)

73C33661-31EC-4667-AE97-4541484EB60D.jpeg

Scroll along to the last blank video and click on it. 8th picture/video along.

Video of City fans, the whole stadium, booing the PL anthem, singing City, City, Blue Moon, and the Best Team In The Land really loud.

Hardly ever bet on the football, but was at that game with a some Villa fans in corporate as a guest of Carlsberg and about to put £20 on City to win 4-0 at about 20-1 with a bookie at the ground and one of the Villa fans I was with (who’d had a few) said he‘d personally give me odds which meant he’d give me £500 if that was the score. Gave him the £20. Raheem scored the fourth with about ten minutes to go (with Keleichi getting the other three). The last ten minutes were a bit tense! He was absolutely sick as a dog for those last ten minutes, and afterwards.

Fair play, first thing Monday morning and he transferred a monkey into my bank account. A great day! Actually got asked about the transfer about a year later when I had a VAT inspection and I couldn’t remember what it was for about ten minutes!
Given the scorer, you should have put it down as a”Sterling conversion fee”…

Last edited:
When the PL jingle was booed, I thought it was much louder than any booing of the UEFA one. When the crowd spontaneously started shouting "City, City" towards the end of it, the hairs on the back of my neck stood up.
Looked visually good too from where I sit in 130, you could see it spread like a Mexican wave from the SS right down both flanks to the NS, pure defiance and set the tone for the first half

Sounded ok yesterday, but I'm sure sky fuck around with the pitchside sound. Even when we score the cheer never comes out particularly loud, they're wankers at sky and have been fucking about for years
That's a given certain teams...we all know who...get a mention from commentators then camera pans round and clearly the sound gets turned up! Its ridiculous, whereas our away fans for example are always loud - no mention - no panning round at our fans. Seems petty but its borinly obvious to all of us. Keeps the narrative that were not popular blah blah...that doesn't help when we are trying to convince certain players to come...yes winning and money def 1 and 2 sadly...but 3rd comes atmosphere and 'istree - we get f'ked over with that. Its quite sad really - we will lose one or two good players that are weighing up similar options - and its mostly down to an agenda by the meeja...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.