Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

What was great about Sunday was not just the sheer variety of songs that were sung in the first half, old classics, totally new ones, defiant ones - but the fact we all sang with one voice at the outset. That completely set the vibe for the first half. The booing of the PL anthem is clearly here to stay now, I’m hoping it becomes the build up to a mass singalong of Viking/Not Really Here/Blue Moon at the opening of every home game. Once that’s done everything in the first half will flow from that - the gallows humour, the togetherness. We cannot lose that ‘us against the world’ mentality. We have no friends out there. The narrative has moved now from ‘emptyhad, no fans, soulless’ to ‘cheats’, ‘belligerent’, ‘paranoid’. Out of all the sticks we could be beaten with, I like belligerent and paranoid. That feeling is our best chance in a long, long time of blowing away the complacency that had crept in to home games.

I’m in the south stand mate and my voice has gone! Second half there was a massive dip, but to honest I genuinely think everyone was just cabbaged. Been a long week. Early leavers has been going on since 1894, personally I don’t get it. You set your stall out for match day and that’s what it is match day and on the piss, well for me anyway :) they’re from the start and they’re till the end. Players were brilliant today, but not one of them came over to the south stand to say cheers, they all did one. Would it have it hurt to walk over to the south stand and clap…. Basically everyone is bollocked from the players, staff, fans. So I’m not having a go. Let’s just put it to bed. 3 points, come Wednesday we could be top of the league. Great end to a shitty week. CTID

South stand was rocking whole game mate, did us proud. Same couldn’t be said for us in the lower east but it’s been like that this season. Been a strange one.

It don’t bother me with people leaving early, up to them, but a good few were on their toes at just gone 80 minutes.

What was great about Sunday was not just the sheer variety of songs that were sung in the first half, old classics, totally new ones, defiant ones - but the fact we all sang with one voice at the outset. That completely set the vibe for the first half. The booing of the PL anthem is clearly here to stay now, I’m hoping it becomes the build up to a mass singalong of Viking/Not Really Here/Blue Moon at the opening of every home game. Once that’s done everything in the first half will flow from that - the gallows humour, the togetherness. We cannot lose that ‘us against the world’ mentality. We have no friends out there. The narrative has moved now from ‘emptyhad, no fans, soulless’ to ‘cheats’, ‘belligerent’, ‘paranoid’. Out of all the sticks we could be beaten with, I like belligerent and paranoid. That feeling is our best chance in a long, long time of blowing away the complacency that had crept in to home games.
Good post mate. All season I've tried to make that point that the first couple of minutes sets the tone for the rest of the match in lots of games. There are thousands of people in the stadium who will sing if others around them sing but won't stand up and be the only one in their block singing. It's simple human nature. It's why I get grumpy about certain songs being sung at certain times - straight after kickoff in particular. If the first couple of songs don't take off around the stadium then fewer songs will take off after that.

one song at once, sing songs longer not just 10 seconds, sing songs fans know the words to, turn up in seats when players come out to welcome them..... cracked it.

but still leave on 78 mins, no point or chance of that changing :)

I honestly don’t like that. It’s like some choreographed performance or summat. It’s just not…English, or Mancunian, I suppose. That jumping up and down stuff looks a bit stupid to me. Like when you get a whole end wearing the same t shirt or something. It makes you look like sheep.
I've never seen sheep wearing T shirts.

Good post mate. All season I've tried to make that point that the first couple of minutes sets the tone for the rest of the match in lots of games. There are thousands of people in the stadium who will sing if others around them sing but won't stand up and be the only one in their block singing. It's simple human nature. It's why I get grumpy about certain songs being sung at certain times - straight after kickoff in particular. If the first couple of songs don't take off around the stadium then fewer songs will take off after that.
I hear you, Dave. 'Follow' for example - I like it, but if you sit outside the SS and join in with it, and I do, you'll be one of a few, it just doesn't take across the ground in the same way WNRH or Viking can. Viking and WNRH are easy, proud and uniquely City. We have so many League away games now hopefully everyone will be well up for it by the time it gets to Newcastle, despite the daft kick off time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.