Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

one song at once, sing songs longer not just 10 seconds, sing songs fans know the words to, turn up in seats when players come out to welcome them..... cracked it.

but still leave on 78 mins, no point or chance of that changing :)
Don’t sing the songs so fast.

Reactions: PPT
I hear you, Dave. 'Follow' for example - I like it, but if you sit outside the SS and join in with it, and I do, you'll be one of a few, it just doesn't take across the ground in the same way WNRH or Viking can. Viking and WNRH are easy, proud and uniquely City. We have so many League away games now hopefully everyone will be well up for it by the time it gets to Newcastle, despite the daft kick off time.

We have other songs like that two you have mentioned above.

City til I die
We love you city

If we can get those two songs going properly again the rest of the ground will join in. Easy to sing and synonymous with city

That backfired for PSG last night. The pre-match display.

The display at Milan.

I wonder if City have got a stadium display planned?

Personally think it’s too early in the competition for a stadium display.

Quarters and/or semi-final is enough

CITY CITY

The best team in the land and all the world.

Apparently since 1976
Yep from the theme tune to the Kirk Douglas film The Vikings
Absolutely unique to City
@Gary James went into its history in quite mad detail at his City film show a few years ago. Trawling through old copies of the Radio times and cross referencing its broadcast against away fixtures

They shouldn't open the exit gates until 90 minutes to stop early leavers. People are really taking the piss now, leaving on 70/75 minutes.

oh do fucking give it a rest

people are free to do what they want

i stay to the end but i am getting more and more tempted to start leaving at 75 minutes just to piss you off
might even start encouraging others to do the same

i stay to the end but i am getting more and more tempted to start leaving at 75 minutes just to piss you off

If you take young kids to the match, they start getting a bit twitchy around the sixty minute mark. I have had to bribe them with sweets, let them play games on my phone. But I always stay to the end and clap the players off. Even when a cheeky bastard steward was asking me to make my way out. Suppose they want to go home as well. People who literally drive right up to the ground, I don't get them at all. Abandon the car on a grass verge or up on a pavement. I park at a tram stop, and get the tram in and out no problems at all. Home in 45 mins.

Doesn’t piss us off, just dismays the players and Pep.

When we’ve stayed behind the team to the end this season, the team and Pep have shown their appreciation and done a lap around the pitch to thank the fans.

On Sunday, they looked around the ground, gave a bit of a clap in the centre circle and fucked off. Pep just went straight down the tunnel.

After the week the club had, I thought that was a very poor showing at the end of the game from our fans.

Was quite excited to see Arsenal's "Ultras" today as my Arsenal mate ensured me that they've really improved the atmosphere. Turns out theres only about 20 people in this group, we couldn't hear them singing even though they're right next to the away end. But you could hear the bastard drum, did my fucking head in.

My point is today was the biggest deterrent ever to not try and start an Ultra movement at City. I would say Arsenal's Atmosphere is lightyears ahead of where it was, but I really don't think this group of 20 kids is the reason for that like a lot of Arsenal fans would have you believe. It was most telling when the whole ground erupted into "we've got super mick arteta", and the Ultra lot just kept singing their own Allez allez allez song by themselves, which meant the loud drum was also out of time with the rest of the ground.

I always admire the passion of european ultras and definitely think there are certain aspects from them which we could take to improve things, but if we just try and copy them we'll end up looking stupid like arsenal do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.