Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

oh do fucking give it a rest

people are free to do what they want

i stay to the end but i am getting more and more tempted to start leaving at 75 minutes just to piss you off
might even start encouraging others to do the same
I’m in!

That's what I mean about taking aspects from ultras, but not copying.

I absolutely think the singers should group, and I wouldn't be against more ultra style things such as a march to the ground to get the crowd going.

But we don't need a drum, we don't need to all mask up and we don't need to all wear black. Let's just be city

I think you blokes at 1894 have got the right idea

nice one mate.. There is an in between where we group together more as singers ( less spread out all over stadium ), sing our own anthems rather than just another version of "who needs gold", sing one song at once and for longer rather than 10 seconds then another song.

Sunday Vs villa first half was perfect, fans right up for it as players came out.

I hear so much criticism of ultras with the rehearsed yah yah yah, clap clap clap but not all are like that and to be fair it is still better than fans stood there doing nothing. We will never get to that level of repetitiveness, it is not the culture at all in england.

Yeah, it's unfair to tar all Ultras groups across Europe with the same brush. Some are boring and monotonous and some aren't. Copenhagen were superb when we played them at theirs and I agree that Dortmund are overrated. The Yellow Wall is a magnificent sight but there are other German clubs who arguably have better atmospheres. In Pep's first season, we played Gladbach away and needed a draw to qualify for the last 16. We got the draw which at the same time knocked Gladbach out. In the dying minutes of the game when City were playing keep ball and they pretty much knew they were going out, the whole stadium spontaneously broke into song and it was bouncing. Schalke and Hamburg are other grounds I've been to where it's been as good as, if not better, than Dortmund.
Agree 100 per cent and the atmosphere at Bayern is very poor in a fantastic stadium.

Tbf most of the ones we've seen come to etihad have been annoying as out.but been a few games with City and vice versa as a neutral around Europe and just feel the match experience is much more fun than it is in the English game especially with the Quality of our football in England you would think we'll be one of the best but atmosphere in English football is miles behind rest of Europe right now even if our way is more natural as such. If I had my own choice to be like any supporter it would be the South Americans they are just crazy and loud no matter what
Yeah, there’s no such word as ‘Ultras’ in South America. Every fan in the stadium just makes a racket, every stand, every seat. That’s just what they naturally do to support their team as fans attending games.

30 minutes in and Villa Park is virtually silent. Reinforces the point that the atmosphere issue isn’t exclusive to City.

I went to watch County play today. They have a drum up in the cheadle end stand. Literally played the whole game. Personally i thought it was class 100 percent adds to the atmosphere. The only time the ground was silent was for a head injury.

I went to watch County play today. They have a drum up in the cheadle end stand. Literally played the whole game. Personally i thought it was class 100 percent adds to the atmosphere. The only time the ground was silent was for a head injury.

Don’t post the truth, you’ll get…..

1676759324645.gif

“It’s a drum Jim, but not as we know it!”

oh do fucking give it a rest

people are free to do what they want
Of course they are but they’re rubbish supporters if they do. 75 min? They’re not proper football fans!
Whilst it is impressive to see the Ultras going at it none stop all game, it doesn't come close to the feeling you get when Bluemoon is booming around the stadium from all four stands.
Yes but that happens once every so often. Stop biggin up our poor home support. It’s terrible considerable the quality of football we play and how successful we are!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.